• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eminem is the best rapper of all time

stankowalski

20 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

Eminem is up there for best technically proficient rapper while still making songs that sell. People will mention guys like Tech N9ne, Canibus, Big L, etc. but being great at rapping doesn't make you a GOAT rapper if you know what I mean.

Nas, Big Pun, Biggie, Tupac, Method Man, just to name a few are considered by some to be the best rapper of all time. But it's very subjective.

Actually, being great at rapping is the only criteria. Christ, Nickelback, ICP, and Linkin Park make songs that sell.

1 minute ago, Still Brooklyn said:

Actually, being great at rapping is the only criteria. Christ, Nickelback, ICP, and Linkin Park make songs that sell.

If you want to be a purist fine. Call Tech N9ne or Rakim the greatest rapper of all time. But there's a reason people call Tupac or Biggie or Nas the best rappers of all time. It's because they balance technical rapping ability with the commercial end of the business. 

2 hours ago, Still Brooklyn said:

It's more like, people that only watch MTV or listen to radio only know of Eminem and think he's top dog. If they got into the genre, they'd know that's not true. It's like saying the Beatles are the best rock band of all time.

True.  One of my favorite bands from the 90s...most consider a one hit 90s wonder because most only know of one song remembered most because of a fat kid in bee suit. 

I think Em is easily top 10 though as a rapper.  He kinda is his own branch though of the rap tree in many ways which causes many to raise or lower him in rankings.  

Half of like 80 percent of the poo he rhymes about has to do with his daughter. The other half is about "some kid with an Eminem poster in his bedroom whose family life is splintered and this is the only inspiration he gets is listening to his songs"

Ok we get it Eminem, teenage boys find you relatable

2 hours ago, 15 said:

hey man have you ever tried this chocolate ice cream? It's my favorite, definitely one of the best I've ever had.

no you're stupid if you think that is the chocolate ice cream and you only by big name stuff. there are so many better chocolate ice creams out there if you did some research.

oh, well this is my favorite and I would rank it #1 on my top 10 list of ice creams.

if you can't decipher the range of quality between that ice cream against the ones that I think are better, I don't know what to tell you.

um, alright. this is still my favorite kind of chocolate ice cream...

That's what you get for shopping at Food Lion.

18 hours ago, Bronn said:

Tech N9ne, when he wants to be, is the best rapper of all time, and he has been doing it longer than anyone currently.

Yes, Em is good, but he isn't the best ever.

He's probably done the best with the most adversity, but he isn't the best lyrically. He's top 5 but not #1.

It's all subjective but, to me at least, Biggie and Nas are ahead of Em too. One could argue that older dudes like KRS One, Outkast, etc. have done things better than most modern rappers too.

Post this guys best songs.  I'm always looking to broaden my horizons but don't want to wade through the crap to get there.

3 hours ago, frash.exe said:

Half of like 80 percent of the poo he rhymes about has to do with his daughter. The other half is about "some kid with an Eminem poster in his bedroom whose family life is splintered and this is the only inspiration he gets is listening to his songs"

Ok we get it Eminem, teenage boys find you relatable

Yeah cause only teenage boys have relationship problems...

14 hours ago, Snake said:

Both tech n9ne and Em are good but rappers such as Andre 3000 and Jay-Z have been lyricly better for much longer. Now for White America Em is king. 

Tech has actually been doing it longer than most give him credit for. IIRC the early 90's. He didn't really start getting attention until he started creating a commercial image, sadly. However, I think he's probably the best selling independent rapper ever.

It is sad that he's had to resort to image gimmicks and import fan bases from the likes of ICP. But, if you listen to almost any modern hip hop/rap act today, they have some roots in something Tech did before them.

Don't get me started on Jay Z. Yes he is talented, but he wouldn't be what he is today if it wasn't for Nas and BIG.

As I said earlier, one could make arguments for other rappers from other generations. Looking at the big picture, at least in my short time, BIG and Tech are at the top.

Stan, I will post some vids when I get to a computer. On my phone right now.

20 hours ago, CRA said:

well, I agree with part of what you are saying....

but I wouldn't call it outlandish....

And I Quote:

"He appropriated black music and made it better. Kind of like Elvis, so maybe Eminem is the Elvis of rap."
"Granted I'm not what you'd call a rap fan. I don't care for who is shooting who, or how many bitches you fuged."

Yeah, you're right.. nothing outlandish said here..

16 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

And I Quote:

"He appropriated black music and made it better. Kind of like Elvis, so maybe Eminem is the Elvis of rap."
"Granted I'm not what you'd call a rap fan. I don't care for who is shooting who, or how many bitches you fuged."

Yeah, you're right.. nothing outlandish said here..

Having him number 1 isn't outlandish.

His personal justification for why you can pick apart though but drawing some form of an Elvis similarity might be wrong but I wouldn't call that going full retard or anything 

34 minutes ago, CRA said:

Having him number 1 isn't outlandish.

His personal justification for why you can pick apart though but drawing some form of an Elvis similarity might be wrong but I wouldn't call that going full retard or anything 

Anyone is entitled to their opinion - i don't care even if he had Cottonmouth Kings and ICP in his Top 5, it doesn't matter.. good for him (BTW, Em is in my top 10 for sure)..

BUT to say Em "appropriated black music and made it better just like Elvis did with Rock n Roll" – that's ignorant to say the least.. AND then to double-down and back it up with the comment, "all rappers talk about is who they shot and who they fugged.." – now if that isn't outlandish, i don't know what it.. especially from someone who is admittedly is "not a fan of rap"..

I would break it down more but am not going to waste my time..

7 hours ago, stankowalski said:

Yeah cause only teenage boys have relationship problems...

uhhhhhh wtf kind of response is this

I'm not talking about bf and gf. And yeah he does reach out to a large (mostly pubescent) audience but that's mostly because every station in the country that has a morning zoo will give him unlimited airplay for his five singles per album

Archived