• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The one stat I would like to know going into this game....

PghPanther

Well there has always been a lot given to stats in anticipation for a game like this...........

But I wonder if there stat is obainable as it is relevent in its impact for both the Cats and the Gmen..........

That is this......

Has any NFL division leading team ever beated a team during the regular season in December.......... and then beat them again during the post season playoffs that followed?

I'd like to try to find that one out...........:wink:

Yes I am sure this has happened many tiimes. Just off the top of my head I can think of one. In 2003 the Colts lost to Denver in December and later on beat them in the playoffs. They also won the division that year. This is sort of a pointless stat because many clinched teams rest players in December.

Yes I am sure this has happened many tiimes. Just off the top of my head I can think of one. In 2003 the Colts lost to Denver in December and later on beat them in the playoffs. They also won the division that year. This is sort of a pointless stat because many clinched teams rest players in December.

I'm not sure thats what he was asking. He wanted to know IF the divison leading team has beaten the team in question. Then beat them again in the playoffs.

i.e. NY beats Car in reg season. Then in post season beat car again.

I don't know i'll try and look it up to see if its happened. I like Carolina in NY in the regular season or the Post season. We've had there number lately.

No surprise there but that is not what I'm asking.......in my example using yours above, I was wondering if the Colts would have beaten Denver in Dec and then faced Denver again in say the conference championship game and beaten them once again.................(and knowing that Denver was a division leader at the time they played them in December)...

Archived