• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is it About Bersin and Pre Season

chknwing

12 minutes ago, O-Ther said:

Bersin became the pariah of the Huddle after 1 muffed punt. Just applying the same standard to all

Bersin's return issues wasn't a muff like Byrd....you could tell every punt he was in over his head.  Byrd as long as that muff gets put behind him looks the part 

9 minutes ago, O-Ther said:

Bersin became the pariah of the Huddle after 1 muffed punt. Just applying the same standard to all

It was more than 1 muffed punt for Bersin.  It was his deer in the headlights look on so many others.  He looked so uncomfortable out there as a punt returner

9 minutes ago, O-Ther said:

It was more than 1 muffed punt for Bersin.  It was his deer in the headlights look on so many others.  He looked so uncomfortable out there as a punt returner

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Bersin's return issues wasn't a muff like Byrd....you could tell every punt he was in over his head.  Byrd as long as that muff is gets put behind him looks the part 

1 minute ago, KB_fan said:

Bersin's clutch catches were completely forgotten and his 1 mistake was all everyone talked about. Byrd deserves the same level of mercy. His good moments tonight should be overshadowed by his 1 mistake. Love the Huddle hypocrisy

6 minutes ago, O-Ther said:

Bersin's clutch catches were completely forgotten and his 1 mistake was all everyone talked about. Byrd deserves the same level of mercy. His good moments tonight should be overshadowed by his 1 mistake. Love the Huddle hypocrisy

Again, it was every punt Bersin fielded that was the issue.  They all almost showed his weakness as a returner.   They were wanting to make him the returner and at that point that was the discussion on him not what he would do when called upon as a 5th WR.

If they throw him the ball as a WR....I have always believed he will catch open balls.  His ceiling just isn't high as a WR.  I got no beef with him being a 5th WR.  Him being a returner was the only issue and why he was ultimately relevant then 

Just now, CRA said:

Again, it was every punt Bersin fielded that was the issue.  They all almost showed his weakness as a returner. 

If they throw him the ball as a WR....I have always believed he will catch open balls.  His ceiling just isn't high as a WR.  I got no beef with him being a 5th WR.  Him being a returner was the only issue 

We all knew he was a weak returner. No one else on the team stepped up to do it. He was the bottom of the barrel option that the coaches were stuck with. Yet, the Huddle went bat-poo crazy when he made that 1 big mistake. Someone with potential to be a better returner deserves harsher criticism. I'd like to hear it

2 minutes ago, O-Ther said:

We all knew he was a weak returner. No one else on the team stepped up to do it. He was the bottom of the barrel option that the coaches were stuck with. Yet, the Huddle went bat-poo crazy when he made that 1 big mistake. Someone with potential to be a better returner deserves harsher criticism. I'd like to hear it

You want people to treat Byrd like Bersin? Byrd hasn't earned that yet.  Byrd looked like a missing puzzle piece up until that last play....so we have to wait and see.  

I just disagree Bersin (the returner) got dogged here because of 1 play 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

You want people to treat Byrd like Bersin? Byrd hasn't earned that yet.  Byrd looked like a missing puzzle piece up until that last play....so we have to wait and see.  

I just disagree Bersin (the returner) got dogged here because of 1 play 

What has Byrd earned in his NFL career? Certainly not as much as Bersin had before he was crucified here. Huddle's not gonna rage about Byrd, tho

3 minutes ago, O-Ther said:

What has Byrd earned in his NFL career? Certainly not as much as Bersin had before he was crucified here. Huddle's not gonna rage about Byrd, tho

Byrd, like everyone on the roster currently, has earned their audition.  1 preseason game in he has shown more promise this far in than we have seen in awhile. 

and I am viewing Bryd as a potential returner.  Which is how I viewed Bersin was viewed as then.  Byrd one preseason game in....has shown more promise than Bersin 1 game in when he was auditioning as a returner.

Byrd one game into his returner audition simply has shown a level of talent Bersin never displayed. So for that, he doesn't get Bersin treatment yet 

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

Byrd, like everyone on the roster currently, has earned their audition.  1 preseason game in he has shown more promise this far in than we have seen in awhile. 

and I am viewing Bryd as a potential returner.  Which is how I viewed Bersin was viewed as then.  Byrd one preseason game in....has shown more promise than Bersin 1 game in when he was auditioning as a returner.

Byrd one game into his returner audition simply has shown a level of talent Bersin never displayed. So for that, he doesn't get Bersin treatment yet 

The Bersin treatment is what the problem is here. Byrd has more returner potential, and needs to be held to a higher standard than someone without that potential. We don't expect Derek Anderson to run like Cam can, and he doesn't get criticized by the Huddle for his lack of potential there. Yet that is exactly what happened to Bersin. Hence the name "the Bersin treatment"

But Huddle logic is a thing, so I'm not going to lose sleep over it

8 minutes ago, O-Ther said:

The Bersin treatment is what the problem is here. Byrd has more returner potential, and needs to be held to a higher standard than someone without that potential. We don't expect Derek Anderson to run like Cam can, and he doesn't get criticized by the Huddle for his lack of potential there. Yet that is exactly what happened to Bersin. Hence the name "the Bersin treatment"

But Huddle logic is a thing, so I'm not going to lose sleep over it

Ok.  We are 1 preseason game in....Byrd looked awesome as a returner.  Then at the end he muffed a punt.  He is more talented.  He is still green as a returner and new skill....so hold him to a higher standard.  Still doesn't deserve Bersin level return complaining.  Kid has talent...Bersin didn't as a returner.  So let's hope he becomes what he showed a strong hint of over the next 3 games. 

Maybe he is the guy who returned the first few....maybe he is a muffer.  Don't know yet.  

When Bersin was getting real heat....we knew what he was (someone who shouldn't be asked to field a punt).  Byrd isn't that right now...

3 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

bersin is the slow ugly ford pickup you've had since high school. it's never stopped working and even though you're never gonna take it downtown you always take it on home depot runs 

Nah man, he's a shop truck the Gas Monkeys completely tricked out. Looks like crap but performs.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1969-FORD-F-100-PICKUP-182058

JR paid to have it done. Wolford!

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Ok.  We are 1 preseason game in....Byrd looked awesome as a returner.  Then at the end he muffed a punt.  He is more talented.  He is still green as a returner and new skill....so hold him to a higher standard.  Still doesn't deserve Bersin level return complaining.  Kid has talent...Bersin didn't as a returner.  So let's hope he becomes what he showed a strong hint of over the next 3 games. 

Maybe he is the guy who returned the first few....maybe he is a muffer.  Don't know yet.  When Bersin was getting real heat....we knew what he was (someone who shouldn't be asked to field a punt).

He was getting Huddle heat even tho it was apparent he was the 3rd string returner. Purely a break glass in case of emergency option. But when he performed to what we knew he was, the Huddle threw him to the wolves for being who he is. We know Byrd can be much better than that, so the bar needs to be higher for the level of acceptable play from him on returns

Archived