• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Denver Broncos may supply more motivation for Panthers WIN!

Carolina Mike

20 hours ago, pantherj said:

I think Remmers knows his career is on the line with this game as well, so he'll have maximum motivation. If he can handle Von Miller well this time around, then he's probably going to be locked in at RT for a long time. But he hasn't improved, and Miller makes him look like a clown again, then his days are numbered. He's sure to know that.

So in order to secure his job, he has to shut down or control perhaps the best defensive player in the league?  Sorry, but I don't believe that is true in the slightest.  Like any other player, he will not be judged based on 1 or two games, but on his work for the season. 

12 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

So in order to secure his job, he has to shut down or control perhaps the best defensive player in the league?  Sorry, but I don't believe that is true in the slightest.  Like any other player, he will not be judged based on 1 or two games, but on his work for the season. 

I don't think he has to shut Miller down, but if he performs as poorly as he did in the SB then he might be pulled during the game. Cam is too important to risk injury because Remmers is having a meltdown. And getting benched could lead to him losing his starting position. Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, pantherj said:

I don't think he has to shut Miller down, but if he performs as poorly as he did in the SB then he might be pulled during the game. Cam is too important to risk injury because Remmers is having a meltdown. And getting benched could lead to him losing his starting position. Just my opinion.

I think, or at least I hope, they are just going to change things up some.  Different blocking schemes, quicker passing routes, etc...   And maybe Stewart will last the whole game. 

14 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I think, or at least I hope, they are just going to change things up some.  Different blocking schemes, quicker passing routes, etc...   And maybe Stewart will last the whole game. 

We have to win on 1st and second down, so Remmers isn't in a bad position on 3rd and long. I was in shock when I saw Remmers backpedaling twice as far as he should have and then trying to engage Miller at the last second, only to completely whiff. Williams can do much better than that. If Remmers does that on Thursday, then he's coming out of the game imo. Once you're in Ron's doghouse it's hard to get out.

3 hours ago, pantherj said:

We have to win on 1st and second down, so Remmers isn't in a bad position on 3rd and long. I was in shock when I saw Remmers backpedaling twice as far as he should have and then trying to engage Miller at the last second, only to completely whiff. Williams can do much better than that. If Remmers does that on Thursday, then he's coming out of the game imo. Once you're in Ron's doghouse it's hard to get out.

Eh, I don't see any evidence that Remmers is in Rivera's doghouse. In fact, Rivera has gone out of his way to point out that Remmers was not at fault, and will be our starter this year.  And by most reports, Williams has struggled. 

As far as what we must do in the game. I see no reason the think that the game will be any different than the sb was, with neither offense able to do much and it coming down to which side can force the most turnovers.  Facing a inexperienced qb, I hope that its us that can force more this time around. 

17 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Eh, I don't see any evidence that Remmers is in Rivera's doghouse. In fact, Rivera has gone out of his way to point out that Remmers was not at fault, and will be our starter this year.  And by most reports, Williams has struggled. 

As far as what we must do in the game. I see no reason the think that the game will be any different than the sb was, with neither offense able to do much and it coming down to which side can force the most turnovers.  Facing a inexperienced qb, I hope that its us that can force more this time around. 

Oh no I don't think Remmers is in the doghouse now, but he poops the bed Thursday...

Archived