• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm Confused about "The Protocol"

TheCandyMan

3 hours ago, Cj72 said:

Honestly, I was surprised that the refs didn't remove cam from the game for a play like they did Norman last year.  Norman's hit was nowhere near as vicious and he popped right back up if I remember correctly. 

The refs removed Norman because the spotter told them to, not on their own accord.  The spotters didn't call to have Cam removed.

14 hours ago, TheCandyMan said:

So, I'm watching the snippet of the Roger Gotohell's interview at halftime about player safety and the team's responsibility. Case Keenum's hit last year was a topic of discussion , and Roger said the Rams failed the protocol, and moving forward penalties will be steeper for teams that leave guys in a game after a hit and player reaction like Keenum's.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

None of this makes any sense to me, Concussions are not in the realm of team doctors nore coaching staff, anymore. If the NFLPA or NFL tries to pin anything on the Panthers as an organization it would be the NFL admitting its staff did not properly handle the situation. 

Remember last year when J. No. was checked for a concussion that didn't even exist? The protocol went as follows,

Play happened J. No. had helmet contact,

Lined up for next play,

Spotter asked for a stoppage to remove him from the game directly to the Referee,

Referee called stoppage,

J. No. said WTF?!

J. No. removed from game checked by independent doctor

No concussion symptoms. 

That brings us to this situation, if protocol had been followed like last year its up the the "Spotters" discretion to call a stoppage and remove the player from the game so, even though everyone is crying the sky is falling the sky is falling, Carolina is on the hook. Not really, peoples memories are stupidly contracted this days, including the fuggin' commissioner. 

The people on the hook for this situation, Denver Broncos(Headhunting/Causing this to begin with) -> Referee(for not throwing the flag and allowing the spotter time to watch the film) -> NFL sanctioned Spotter(For not calling a stoppage/check) -> NFL HQ(For not pressing the matter with the officials) -> No where is it Carolinas fault or Cam Newtons fault if anyone actually bothered to check how the NFL preformed checks last year. Its their job, thats why its an outside contracted Doctor+Spotter(WHO CAN STOP THE GAME IF HE WANTS.) 

This is a hack job by the NFL for covering up their own asses to keep Cam in the game(Wether or not he was actually injured which by all accounts doesn't look like his brain took any damage) to keep ratings up. Thats what the NFLPA should be going after, not the teams, not the players. The NFL Spotter Protocol. It was obviously broken since they are suppose to call stoppage after any helmet hit deemed push knockout/concussion-like symptoms on a player.

If the NFL tries to come down on the Panthers, all they have to do is point to the NFL and say, its your spotter. Stupid fuggin' commissioner trying to roll a natural 20 on his Charisma check last night. This is up to the fans to stand up and say your a fuggin' dumbass. 

On 9/12/2016 at 1:22 PM, Harbingers said:

If the NFL tries to come down on the Panthers, all they have to do is point to the NFL and say, its your spotter. Stupid fuggin' commissioner trying to roll a natural 20 on his Charisma check last night. This is up to the fans to stand up and say your a fuggin' dumbass. 

Sorry to come back to the convo so late.  Work's been brutal this week, but didn't want to start a thread and walk to the exit. 

So much this, Harbingers.  Good post.

On to the Nine-ahs  

Archived