• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The 2016 new show TV season

Jangler

Okay, I really just wanted to complain about laugh tracks...but decided to do a new show thread.

I've only watch 2 new shows, not that many have started.

The Good Place, Kristen Bell, nuff said. Not really sure how long it can go, maybe a season or two. Enough laughs to stay interested, and has a Pushing Daisies (which I loved, *RIP) vibe to it. So jury's out on that one. Fork that, Kristen Bell!

Now the reason the started the thread. Kevin Can Wait. WTF? Any time I hear a laugh track (except MASH) I know it's not funny. fork that, Kevin James.

Post your opinions here about the new crap on TV this season.

not sure how much new stuff i'll start watching this fall... my wife and I need to be watching less tv, not more

but so far, including new and returning shows:

• You're the Worst is still awesome (returning)
  • Atlanta has been great... Donald Glover probably has more artistic talent in his pinky finger than most people do all together (new)
  • Better Things is great and might as well just be a Louie spin-off (new)
  • Son of Zorn did a sneak peak and showed the first episode the other weekend... it was alright.  funny concept and I love most anything Jason Sudekis does (*wink*oliviawilde*wink*), so i'll stick with it for a while (new)
  • Gotham started back this week and is the only DC TV shows I can handle... haven't watched the first episode yet tho, still on DVR (returning)
  • The Big Bang Theory is what it is... I've watched it forever, not giving up now (returning)
  • Brooklyn Nine-Nine is the same as Big Bang... throw away TV to shut your brain off to... don't know how much longer this will last (returning)
  • New Girl... I still love this show, it's been great for so many years, but I think it's probably on its downward spiral... everyone's pairing off or coupling up which means that nick and jess will eventually just end up together, happily ever after, the end (returning)
  • Agents of SHIELD cause i'm a marvel fan boy. watched it last night and was impressed with the look of ghost rider. i'm here for the longhaul cause I spent too much of my youth pining for marvel characters in film and on tv (returning)
  • The Goldbergs (returning)
  • Modern Family (returning)
  • Superstore this show is so dumb I can't stop watching (returning)
  • Last Man Standing (returning)
  • Dr. Ken so dumb (returning)
  • Bob's Burgers (returning)
  • Family Guy (returning)
  • The Last Man on Earth not sure how much further this one will go (returning)
  • Luke Cage because if you're not watching the marvel Netflix shows you're damaged in some capacity (new)
  • Shameless one of the best, least talked about shows out there imo (returning)
  • Westworld is going to be your Game of Thrones replacement... hop on board, it looks amazing (new)
  • Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency because Douglas Adams... (new)
  • The Walking Dead cause duh... (returning

Seeing all of that in one post now though... kind of makes me want to throw away my TV... at least all of those premieres span from August until the end of October... I'll keep telling myself that to feel better about it

7 hours ago, Crixtala said:

Agents of SHIELD cause i'm a marvel fan boy. watched it last night and was impressed with the look of ghost rider. i'm here for the longhaul cause I spent too much of my youth pining for marvel characters in film and on tv (returning)

How come the tv version of Ghost Rider looked so much better than the movie version?

On 9/28/2016 at 0:19 PM, Mrs Pantherfan said:

Modern Family has been awesome since the beginning. 

The Goldbergs...I LOVE this show!!! people that were born after 1985 probably don't...but screw them..

Yeah, both shows are good, Modern Family is starting to get stale tho...

Seriously, The Good Place is the best comedy on network tv in a couple of years.

Archived