• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers/Vikes game could be moved.

nctarheel0619

5 minutes ago, greghardy'sAK-47 said:

in europe they play soccer matches "behind closed doors".  it isn't a regular occurrence, but it does happen a lot more often than you see here.  i don't think there would be a need to do that here unless therre are active protests/riots going on saturday night and a strong sense that they will occur again on sunday with fears that their would be disruptions in the crowds.  in any case, if this is a possibility, then moving the game out of charlotte makes more sense to me.  just not to fuging minnesota!  

yeah but in euro soccer you have fans who do nazi salutes, throw banana's at all the black players, as well as sneak in flairs and other explosive devices, The main thing those european games are lacking is proper security, something BOA takes pride in.

15 minutes ago, rico6 said:

So the opinions of a very small minority is supposed to represent the entirety of a group? 

Is Dylann Roof the Jessie Jackson for White People? 

Are you hard-headed or don't get the point. The guy who was shot was disobeying the officer he had a gun he got into his car with the gun then why did he get back out of car with the gun.  Team needs take stand and say we need play the game at the stadium don't give into fear mongers 

Just now, Harry The Hitman said:

Yes, the base of BLM use the movement like it should be, but a select few use it like it is being used now in NC.  They ruin it for all.

It's human nature though. People take advantage of any cause if it furthers their own selfish wants or goals. Sport Rioters, other political groups, etc.

All the original tweet said is the NFL is talking about it. Of course they are. There will be larger security issues involved but the game will be played in Charlotte. I could see a night game moved to 1:00 but not a venue change. Unless things escalate in the next couple days the game will go on. 

5 minutes ago, crushcard1976 said:

Are you hard-headed or don't get the point. The guy who was shot was disobeying the officer he had a gun he got into his car with the gun then why did he get back out of car with the gun.  Team needs take stand and say we need play the game at the stadium don't give into fear mongers 

Thank God you have ALL the facts, why don't you bring a megaphone and a big ass soapbox to Uptown and preach to those protesting so all of this madness can be over with?

8 minutes ago, crushcard1976 said:

Thought that NC was open carry? Does that not apply?

"The mere possession of a handgun does not give the police probable cause or reasonable suspicion to briefly detain you for stop and frisk,”

Gregory Wallace, a law professor at Campbell University in Raleigh, N.C. -

So if he was being detained because he is in an open carry state and was doing so in accordance to the law (not known yet). He doesn't have to do poo!. You can't go around stopping and detaining law abiding citizens because you feel like it. 

Now if he was practicing his opencarrying incorrectly, then that is another story.  

2 minutes ago, luke nukem said:

yeah but in euro soccer you have fans who do nazi salutes, throw banana's at all the black players, as well as sneak in flairs and other explosive devices, The main thing those european games are lacking is proper security, something BOA takes pride in.

they also are a lot more tribal with their fandom in europe pitting town vs town, ethnic group vs ethnic group, etc.  there is a lot more to it than just the sporting aspect of the event.  they have "fan" organizations whose soul purpose is to be disruptive in and around the stadiums, which is similar to what i imagine the fear might be in charlotte this weekend (though for different reasons, obviously).  i don't see how a game can be played on sunday if things on the ground are as volatile as they were last night.  the possibility of chaos in the situation would make it a very bad idea to have 70k+ people gathered in that small a space.  it would be nearly impossible to assure people would be safe.   hopefully it doesn't come to this.  

2 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

IF it ever came to a point where the game had to be moved, NFL wouldn’t take it to college stadium. ATL or WAS would be most likely options.

didn't see that coming

I like down the street from Washington (I don't say their name)  stadium. Literally 

1 minute ago, Vikesfan said:

"The mere possession of a handgun does not give the police probable cause or reasonable suspicion to briefly detain you for stop and frisk,”

Gregory Wallace, a law professor at Campbell University in Raleigh, N.C. -

So if he was being detained because he is in an open carry state and was doing so in accordance to the law (not known yet). He doesn't have to do poo!. You can't go around stopping and detaining law abiding citizens because you feel like it. 

Now if he was practicing his opencarrying incorrectly, then that is another story.  

I believe they were trying to issue a warrant.  They might of had the wrong person, but in that case the person should have complied with police to drop his gun and prove that he wasnt the person they were looking for.

Archived