• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cowher To Carolina Talk Heating Up

KatsAzz

I think if Fox is fired Cowher will most likely be our HC. Love him or hate him you can't argue he has had success. I don't want him myself. I really think he is Fox made over. Strong run game, passing game that doesn't turn the ball over. And his success on the D side of the ball was mainly due to the Genius he had as a D coordinator. No I want a guy that will bring something new to this team and hopeful to the league (I want some creative play calling). But we can't all have what we want.

I don't know how you keep taking all the credit for the Steeler's defense away from Cowher. During his tenure, he had two opportunities to hire a DC. Capers and Lebeau. Both of those guys did a great job but you say it was all the DC and you can't credit any of it Cowher. We have had 2 sucky DC's here during the past 6 years under Fox and he sure gets alot of the blame for them stinking it up. It goes both ways but more importantly Cowher was wise enough to hire the right men to lead the defense. I'm sure he hasn't gotten stupid during his retirement so he will find the right guy to be the DC regardless of who gets the credit.

No...Gruden!!

This team needs some flash....Cowher is a conservative coach like Fox !

I like conservative offense, with the occasional splash.

Defense however, fug the opponent up.

One of the funniest moments ever on a football field was Buddy Ryan throwing a punch at Kevin Gilbride for calling plays like an asshole. :D

I not saying if I want Cowher here or not. It wouldn't bother me either way if he did or didn't, as I suspect it wouldn't bother most who say "But it took him 15 years to win the Superbowl."

Tom Landry took 12 years to win the Superbowl, but the game wasn't around for his first 4 years

Tony Dungy 11 years

Don Shula 9 years

Mike Shanahan 9 years

Chuck Knoll 6 years

Bill Walsh 3 years

John Gruden 4 years with Dungys team

Mike Tomlin 2 years with somebody else's team....let me think....who's team???? Hold on it will come to me....

And of course Lombardi never won one....:D

How many years is Fox up to???

Marty Schottenheimer never won one, how many would like to have him here?

I'm just saying I think it is a silly reason not to want Cowher to come here. Maybe it has more to with the fact some of you don't like him. So just say that instead, at least that is a better reason than "It took him 15 years...."

Would Peppers and E. Brown play LB in a 3-4? If so our LB's in a 3-4 would be sick. Peppers and Everette Brown as rushing OLB's with Beason and Davis in the middle.....The secondary would be the same but getting the right DE's and NT would be the trick. Kemo at NT and C Johnson and Irvin at DE? I know it's not that easy but I'm just talking out of my ass a little.
Forget about Peppers,he'll be gone next year!

Jake Delhomme seems to have some Tony Romo-esque moments at times. IE turning the ball over too much. However I think he is a better QB than Romo. Delhomme just needs a better cast of receivers. Steve Smith can't have all of the weight on his shoulders because lets fact it he is not superman. Teams can just roll coverage his way and double up on him much like teams do to Santana Moss because there is no other viable game breaking threat.

HTTR

Jake Delhomme seems to have some Tony Romo-esque moments at times. IE turning the ball over too much. However I think he is a better QB than Romo. Delhomme just needs a better cast of receivers. Steve Smith can't have all of the weight on his shoulders because lets fact it he is not superman. Teams can just roll coverage his way and double up on him much like teams do to Santana Moss because there is no other viable game breaking threat.

HTTR

I think either the coaching staff or Jake one finally realized this. Last week Jake spread the ball around and what do you know no TOs (except the one int, but I don't blame him for that one). I have been saying they should have been doing this all of last year once they saw the success it had when Smith was out week 1. Lets just hope they stay in this mind frame. I want no part in another pick fest unless we are the ones picking them off.

I love your sig.

Isn't it a pic of JRockets from a trip to Dallas? Don't ask me how I would remeber that... been on this site for way too long I guess ;)

As for Cowher, I'd be ok with him coming here.. I'd be ok with someone new. I'd also be ok with Fox sticking around another year... is this the definition of complacent or what? :Yawn:

I not saying if I want Cowher here or not. It wouldn't bother me either way if he did or didn't, as I suspect it wouldn't bother most who say "But it took him 15 years to win the Superbowl."

Tom Landry took 12 years to win the Superbowl, but the game wasn't around for his first 4 years

Tony Dungy 11 years

Don Shula 9 years

Mike Shanahan 9 years

Chuck Knoll 6 years

Bill Walsh 3 years

John Gruden 4 years with Dungys team

Mike Tomlin 2 years with somebody else's team....let me think....who's team???? Hold on it will come to me....

And of course Lombardi never won one....:D

How many years is Fox up to???

Marty Schottenheimer never won one, how many would like to have him here?

I'm just saying I think it is a silly reason not to want Cowher to come here. Maybe it has more to with the fact some of you don't like him. So just say that instead, at least that is a better reason than "It took him 15 years...."

it was gruden's first year as the buc's coach and he did it with dungy's team but also in the superbowl playing the team that he wrote the offensive playbook for.

Schottenheimer is just as conservative as Fox. He'll run a draw on 3rd and long and not even think twice, hence the coined phrase "Marty Ball".

Yeah but I think fans are more concerned with a Coach being animated on the sideline. I like John Fox, he just shows no emotion and I think many see that as vanilla. Granted, there are some issues going on but not anything that would mean he is gone next year.

.02 cents

In a much tougher division, let alone conference. stop throwing in that useless fact when judging cowher's career.

Still took him 15 years to get a SB.

Look, I am not opposed to Cowher, I just don't think it will happen. All this BS talk about a new Coach 2 games into the season is stupid anyway. Hell, we are just fans. If we new more than the FO or HC's we'd be an NFL exec or on a coaching staff of an NFL Team, I don't see anyone on CH with that behind their name. So all in all, we just sit and speculate and argue about something we really don't know poo about

Archived