• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beason chimes in on Nippleshorts

SCP

6 minutes ago, Bozarden said:

Exactly. Gettleman effectively handcuffed us in free agency by tying that much cash into a player that we didn't even end up keeping. And my argument was that we should have never let him go in the first place. The guy is balling out for the 'skins now and they are sitting pretty at 4-2

Josh Norman is a great player but the writing was on the wall and Gettleman opted to move on a year earlier than expected. 

Just now, carolinajay said:

Josh Norman is a great player but the writing was on the wall and Gettleman opted to move on a year earlier than expected. 

Are you just stating the facts at this point? Gettleman poo the bed this off season and if you want to see how bad, you can just take a look at the 5 game swing in our record compared to this time last year.

20 minutes ago, Bozarden said:

The 'core to kill for' that you speak of has been underperforming BIG TIME this year. Just look at KK who is losing millions by the week. 

Winning in the NFL is never a given. We knew what we had with our team last year. DG chose to change it up and now it is blowing up in his face. I'd take mortgaging our future for a superbowl all day, every day...

lmao KK is getting doubled on almost every damn play because teams know our DE's aren't getting pressure or forcing the QB to step up and the secondary's coverage is letting the QB get rid of the ball before the DE's have a chance to get a sack.

as long as we have franchise cornerstones like Cam and Luke this team will have a chance to win. i would rather be patient and trust the process than blow it all up now because of some bad breaks.

also, even if we keep Norman this team has a very real issue at OT, DE, and S. who could we have gotten? how would it affect extensions like KK, Star etc? its not as simple as everyone is trying to make it out to be.

1 minute ago, pantherphan96 said:

lmao KK is getting doubled on almost every damn play because teams know our DE's aren't getting pressure or forcing the QB to step up and the secondary's coverage is letting the QB get rid of the ball before the DE's have a chance to get a sack.

as long as we have franchise cornerstones like Cam and Luke this team will have a chance to win. i would rather be patient and trust the process than blow it all up now because of some bad breaks.

also, even if we keep Norman this team has a very real issue at OT, DE, and S. who could we have gotten? how would it affect extensions like KK, Star etc? its not as simple as everyone is trying to make it out to be.

Our very own Jeremy Igo debunked the myth that KK is dissapearing due to him being doubled. He is simply underperforming.

Trust what process? The very problem is GMans hesitation to paying guys other than Cam and Luke big money and we see the results of that now.

6 minutes ago, Bozarden said:

Are you just stating the facts at this point? Gettleman poo the bed this off season and if you want to see how bad, you can just take a look at the 5 game swing in our record compared to this time last year.

This isn't last year's team. The front 4 was considered a strength coming into the season but it has failed to get any pressure. Plus the schedule was tougher this season than last. imo I do not think Josh wanted to be here.

11 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Then you're squabbling over the word star. Would former star make you happy? No you're picky. I'll change it to very good player.

Let's be honest Stewart/Williams are more effective when they receive the majority of the carries. Stewart played well in 2014 and followed it up with a pro bowl season, releasing Williams allowed for that to happen.

In 2013 Steve Smith looked like he loss a step and was coming off a injury. The panthers suffered in the short term but it turned out to be the right move.

2 minutes ago, carolinajay said:

Let's be honest Stewart/Williams are more effective when they receive the majority of the carries. Stewart played well in 2014 and followed it up with a pro bowl season, releasing Williams allowed for that to happen.

In 2013 Steve Smith looked like he loss a step and was coming off a injury. The panthers suffered in the short term but it turned out to be the right move.

It was understandable given the cap and that Smith was clearly not the unstoppable force he once was.

29 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

No, but I'm a fan. I want a trophy ASAP. Yet, winning teams like New England and Seattle lose 'stars' all the time. They manage however. Granted, those teams have stronger coaching but the principle is the same. Sometimes to prolong success, a star has to go. 

I mean this in the nicest way.  

Do you honestly believe the dumb poo you type on here?  Sometimes to prolong success, a star has to go?  What success is happening currently?  Please, let me know.  

Archived