• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A Look Ahead: What Rams Fans are Already Saying

Saca312

3 hours ago, The Question said:

Because rookie quarterbacks generally do well when they're first game is against the smartest and all around best linebacker in the league and a hall of fame player.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

when is the last time Ron's team beat a rookie QB?

I know Teddy beat us.  EJ beat us.

1 hour ago, Saca312 said:

Imagine if the Broncos lost both their starting corners. Thats what happened to us. Moreover, we didnt have Johnson until Arizona.

We should have a solid CB group going forward. Don't discount it.

how is that the same?  the Denver CBs are one of the strengths of their team.  There team is basically built on there DBs and pass rush combo.  Our DBs when healthy are the weak link going into a season.

A comparable loss to Denver losing both starting CBs would be us missing 2 starting LBs or DTs

1 minute ago, CRA said:

how is that the same?  the Denver CBs are one of the strengths of their team.  There team is basically built on there DBs and pass rush combo.  Our DBs when healthy are the weak link going into a season.

A comparable loss to Denver losing both starting CBs would be us missing 2 starting LBs or DTs

I'm comparing it to the huge drop-off of talent between our starters and our depth.

It's obvious our CB's aren't as good as Talib and co., but consider the depth compared to starters.

Worley and Bradberry are easily way better than most corners on the team, and show to be improving every game. It's a big difference between Sanchez and Williams starting.

39 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

I'm comparing it to the huge drop-off of talent between our starters and our depth.

It's obvious our CB's aren't as good as Talib and co., but consider the depth compared to starters.

Worley and Bradberry are easily way better than most corners on the team, and show to be improving every game. It's a big difference between Sanchez and Williams starting.

I don't think there is a huge drop off yet.  Maybe in long term ceiling.

Bradberry hasn't been exposed to the legit pass attacks like the others and people use that as a defense of why he is better (but Atlanta when right after him until he got hurt)

you also could argue our best game was last week with those CBs overall (play compared to opponent difficulty)

6 hours ago, CRA said:

Serious question from a Rams fan perspective.

are you surprised Fisher still remains a HC year after year? Are you happy with him.  Outside looking in...it just seems weird he remains a HC with his record of success.

also, perception on Fisher's teams is, to put politely, they play a little after the whistle.  How do Rams fan define the tandem of your DC and HC?

I'm not really surprised.  Fisher is Stan Kroenke's hire, and Kroenke is somewhat infatuated with doing things 'The Patriot Way'.  By that he means keeping things stable and consistent over the long haul as opposed to changing head coaches every 2-3 years trying to catch lightning in a bottle.  I think he's also acutely aware of how this team has been without any stability at the QB position the past few years.  It's kinda hard to win when you're relying on 2nd-3rd tier QBs for long stretches of games.  Bradford really screwed us up with his knee injuries and Foles melting down like he did just exascerbated the situation.  

Am I happy with him?  No, not really.  But I understand the situation he took over and the horrible luck he's had with QBs so far.  I'm also kind of a zen person who doesn't take these things too seriously.  I'm just kinda looking to be entertained while understanding I have no control over the situation.  Sure I get annoyed at times, but you just gotta let that stuff go and appreciate the good when it happens.  Screaming for firings and stuff is just so non-productive to me. 

Fisher's teams are always in the top of the league in penalties because (a) they're very young year after year, and (b) they're taught to play to the whistle and play with intensity and fire at all times.  There's also the fact that they tend to draft highly athletic dudes over fundamentally sound (aka, smarter) football players, so that's a contributing factor as well.  I don't think they purposely try to ruin careers, but they sure as hell try to hurt people.  That's kinda obvious.  Fisher and Williams go back a long way and are both Buddy Ryan disciples.  I define them as guys who would rather win by a score of 3-0 than 44-39.  They just love defense way more than offense.  

6 hours ago, 15 said:

who is gonna start at QB?

Case Keenum.  That was Fisher's announcement, and Keenum himself reiterated it during his presser. 

Of course that could all be a smokescreen, but I doubt it.  Fisher loves him some Keenum.  

2 hours ago, RoaringRiot said:

Glad you got an account over here. I got denied at ROD because i put I'm from Charlotte. Sissies....

I can look into that.  I'm sure it wasn't intentional.  
Sometimes IP addresses come up that throw up a red flag, and it has nothing to do with location. 

They actually welcome rival fans into the fold, and some of them never leave.  lol. 

6 minutes ago, 15 said:

I think Keenum will struggle in the first half and they'll put Goff in who will play decent enough to scare panther fans for the second half before coming up short of a comeback. 

That's very specific.  

I think Keenum will drop bombs on you for days. 

f3a848a604c2496e8e884e8aea7eac8e.jpeg

1 minute ago, 15 said:

if our pass rush plays like they did last week, he'll be Bradford 2.0

You shut your whore mouth.  lol.

Actually, they did play angry.  And that didn't disappoint me.  BUT.

It's not that big a deal.  I think the Rams have 147 sacks against the Cardinals over the past 5 years. 

1 hour ago, 15 said:

I think Keenum will struggle in the first half and they'll put Goff in who will play decent enough to scare panther fans for the second half before coming up short of a comeback. 

I think Keemun gives them the best chance.  He can't extend plays and IMO has more escability if Carolina wins in the trenches.  

NFCW isn't as tough this year so I don't think we see Goff until they are out of it 

Archived