• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A Look Ahead: What Rams Fans are Already Saying

Saca312

Well, I'm basically doing a quick write-up type of deal on this, just because I noticed the Rams were already talking about us.

Anyhow, Rams are enjoying a little bye week, after getting whooped in a very unspectacular game by the Giants in London. The QB threw a ton of picks, offense looked like cancer, and Todd Gurley is rotting in there. Now, their defense isn't anything to overlook. It's pretty good, to say the least, but still it's exploitable.

The Panthers are coming off a resounding victory over the uninspired Cardinals, 30-20, with prevent defense being played most of the second half. Our defensive front nabbed 8 sacks against the Cardinals, tied with the Vikings for the most in a regular season game this season, and 1 sack away from tying a franchise record.

So, what could Rams fans be already saying during their little Bye week? Well, first thread my eyes divert to:

Thread Title: There Are So Many Ways To Hate The Panthers

http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads/there-are-so-many-ways-to-hate-the-panthers.47164/

Some quotes:

On Cam Newton:

Can't say I hate 'em so much as have no use for 'em. If Newton wasn't their QB, I could respect them, but he's just a talented, petulant, classless, (and clueless), child, and by all indications, always will be.
Unlike Bridgewater, Wentz and Prescott, all of whom are talented, but not assholes.

Cam Newton is Cam Newton. Seems every fanbase hates him. Too bad he's better than like 99% of the NFL's QBs. I would make a comment on the QBs he classified as "talented," but I'll keep my mouth shut on this one.

On the Panthers last meeting with the Rams:

I just hate the Team and I can't stand Cam!!! And would you like to know what I remember most about our Last Meeting!?! ....
The Hit On Bradford!!

Bradford Leaving the Game ..
Bradford hurt.jpg 

Harvey Dahl Stepping up for HIS QB!!

Dahl4a.jpg 
And the Brawl It Started !! Harvey-Dahl2.jpg 
GO HARVEY!!

And Chris Long!
Long Ejected.jpg 
Getting ejected from the Game!
Long ejected2.jpg 

"I think of these things, and all I want to do is Stomp on the Panthers, WIN or Loose!!

Deleted some pictures, but I'm sure It'll still be too long of a quote. Anyhow, fair. Was a bit classless of our fans to be cheering injuries and throwing stuff, but still. That brawl was bad, but I can see the logic behind it. Anyhow fug the Rams.

On Steve Smith, and Mike Mitchell (since that has relevance to the 2016 Panthers apparently):

Hate Smith always talking crap
Hate douchebag Mitchell for freaking up the Rams dynasty in the making

Steve Smith and Mike Mitchell aren't with us now. But seriously, Steve Smith had every right to talk smack. He went off against the Rams that game. And if you expect a dynasty out of Sam Bradford, you'll be greatly disappointed. Rams never really had a dynasty to begin with.

Thread Title: Panthers look pretty good

http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads/panthers-look-pretty-good.47203/

On The Rams QB

Hopefully Goff starts so we will at least have a chance! 

I hope so too. Please start a rookie. Please do. Goff will probably retire after his first game against our hungry DLine, and a decent secondary with Bradberry probably back. Please.

On The Rams Bye Week:

So far in this game the Panthers have sacked Palmer 6 times and have held David Johnson to 25 yards. They are rested after there Bye week!!
The Rams will be well rested, from there bye week, when the Panthers come to L.A.!!

Major difference in this is basically the Panthers have talent, and The Rams have a defense, and Todd Gurley. And Gurley hasn't been producing much at all. So no offense but a formidable defense, don't know how much the bye week will help with that.

Thread Title: At Times I don't Feel Protected

http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads/newton-at-times-i-dont-feel-protected.47209/

Reaction to Cam Newton's Comments:

That play was straight up dirty and the guy should be fined for that. Most of what he ends up complaining about is him being outside the pocket and running where by rule he loses protection. But for that play he absolutely has a complaint.

He doesn't complain about getting hit while running, but when he's obviously a passer, and doesn't get the calls, he complains. Like any QB should. But at least these fans acknowledge that hit should've been flagged.

On the Referees

Sounds like he's suggesting referees get fined for missing obvious calls. 
He may be on to something there.

This x1000

On What Cam's Car Looked Like on the Way Home

Cam spotted driving home from the game today...
0-Magnum-Force-Pimpmobile.jpg

Seriously, Cam would rock out in that car. I can see it. 

Anyhow, Panthers come out ready to fire, exposes yet another good defense in the Rams. 28-6. No answer for the Rams offense for our re-inspired pass rush.

That's the thing morons don't understand. The dude never complains when he runs the ball. He gets it. The only time he complains is when he's a passer. I will say though, today when he was running and gave him self up while diving, he looked pissed after a hit. The stuff he says publicly is when he is a passer pure and simple.

Rams have some decent WRs and Keenum sucks but he's willing to air it out. We will shut down Gurley behind their horrendous o-line and will probably get to Keenum a bit and rattle him and force mistakes. If Kalil's out I'll be worried for Cam against their inside push but Gradkowski could be good enough for the offense to get enough points to win the game. Think we should definitely win it. Hope the Bucs can beat the Falcons on Thursday.

Archived