• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

On the topic of Luke and concussions...

Saca312

I just thought I'd let you know about the new "Alex Smith" regulation.

Teams are required to just specify someone is in concussion protocol, if an event like that were to occur. 

They cannot comment on whether the person is actually concussed or not.

Basically it started when the Chiefs kept saying Smith has a concussion, when all that happened was them being extra causious and him not actually having a concussion

This led to said memo below:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/the-nfl-is-reportedly-telling-teams-not-to-comment-publicly-on-concussions/

The memo, sent from Troy Vincent, the league's VP of football operations, specifically instructed teams to "refrain from making public comments regarding the condition of a concussed player or speculating as to when he may return to practice and play once in the concussion protocol."

This gives hope for the theory that he is fine, as seen by TD's IG post recently. Of course, the latter may be true.

What this solidifies is that we won't know how Luke is doing until we get practice reports. Panthers will most likely not comment on anything relating to his concussion much because of this.

Just thought I'd let you guys know. 

My regular articles will resume Sunday.

Archived