• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Grind City Grizzlies (8-5) @ Buzz City Hornets (8-4)

carolinajay

13 minutes ago, carolinajay said:

If Rudy Gay is the answer the team is in trouble.

NBA execs always believe Rudy Gay is the missing piece or the guy who could put a team over the top and it always fails.

Memphis was 1 game away from the WCF with Rudy Gay in a suit. The next year with him back they got eliminated in the first round. They would eventually go the WCF finals after trading Rudy Gay.

Toronto became a good team once they traded Rudy Gay.

Sacramento is a dumpster fire I can't blame him for that.

In brief Rudy Gay is not the answer.

I tend to agree with that entire statement - it's more of an statement towards his skillset and the lack of production of MKG in those same categories Rudy Gay would bring to the team.. I need my starting SF to be able to at least threaten from the elbow or 3pt line.. That would pull his defender out so Kemba can slash and create for others.. Belinelli is a good shooter but he lacks the defensive edge that would enable him to get more minutes.. I just think we need to make a move - but you are right - Gay is probably not the answer.. and the answer is DEF not on our roster (lol)..

3 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

I tend to agree with that entire statement - it's more of an statement towards his skillset and the lack of production of MKG in those same categories Rudy Gay would bring to the team.. I need my starting SF to be able to at least threaten from the elbow or 3pt line.. That would pull his defender out so Kemba can slash and create for others.. Belinelli is a good shooter but he lacks the defensive edge that would enable him to get more minutes.. I just think we need to make a move - but you are right - Gay is probably not the answer.. and the answer is DEF not on our roster (lol)..

Honestly the team that should push for Rudy Gay is Oklahoma City they need scoring and they are weak at SF.

MKG is not a offensive threat, they don't run plays for him etc. But his skill set is needed for the Hornets. Without looking at the box scores I'm sure he is leading the Hornets in mins played this season.

Jeremy Lamb was starting to play well before he got injured, I'm hoping he can provide some spark to the bench when he comes back. 

Archived