• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN First Take: Cam Newton Better Long Term Than Matt Ryan

Saca312

1 minute ago, h0llywood said:

In his 9 seasons, he has 1 playoff win.

Point is Cam can win with lesser players, whereas Matt can't win with the talent he has. No doubt Ryan is playing great this year, but long term, do you think he can sustain this year's performance? 

I have more confidence in Cam returning to 2015 form next year than I do Ryan returning to 2016 form next year.

These pooheads are even more homers than I am. Heck, they can't realize that Cam has done more with less AND been to the playoffs the same amount of times as Matt Ryan, IN LESS TIME AND WITH MORE WINS.

If you look at their board, they literally think they have an all world defense just because their DE has gone against poo level talent at Oline.

Yet they can't comprehend the fact that the same OT that shut him out is playing again and most likely will shut him out.

Of course, they "conveniently" started having good pash rush all of a sudden playing after our game. Yet look at that schedule, and none of them speak "good oline."

So happy Daryl is back to put Vic in his place. Their defense is not as good as they think it is, and they're in for a huge surprise soon. Gosh, and I thought I was bad.

30 minutes ago, h0llywood said:

I have more confidence in Cam returning to 2015 form next year than I do Ryan returning to 2016 form next year.

% wise, last year's jump for Cam, with respect to his career averages, was pretty similar to this year's jump for Matt. 

3 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Recently saw a segment of ESPN First Take while trying to switch channels and noticed that Molly was asking the crew about who was better long-term: Cam Newton or Matt Ryan?

Obviously, I sat there expecting them to fall on their knees for Matt Ryan, but their answers surprised me.

Stephen A. Smith replied yes, due to Cam's athleticism and body, and Max Kellerman cited how big Cam is, how he impacts the game, and how he's had more playoff wins/superbowl appearances than Matt Ryan.

Fair statements. What do you guys think?

Cam Newton has been better than Matt Ryan the first day he stepped on an NFL field.

Just now, Borat said:

% wise, last year's jump for Cam, with respect to his career averages, was pretty similar to this year's jump for Matt. 

If you compare teams, you'll see one has far less talent than the other. 

The only similarity is a decent oline throughout the year, and even that got exposed at the tackles.

Cam had no name receivers balling out, Matt Ryan has Julio and Sanu, with threats in Freeman and Gabriel.

The only 2 people on that offense aside the oline that were on paper "good" was Stewart and Olsen. That's it.

8 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Heck, Carson freaking Palmer looked elite last season.

The question of the matter is whether or not your QB can lead you through the playoffs and get to the Superbowl or not.

Cam's record in the playoffs: 3-3 (3-2 not counting the superbowl)

Matt Ryan's: 1-4

So, not counting the Superbowl, they both have been in the same number of playoff games at 5.

Cam Newton has won 2 more playoff games than Matt Ryan, and has 1 more SuperBowl performance than him.

And Cam is only in his sixth season as of now.

You do realize that teams have 21 other starters after he quarterback right?

8 hours ago, Saca312 said:

These pooheads are even more homers than I am. Heck, they can't realize that Cam has done more with less AND been to the playoffs the same amount of times as Matt Ryan, IN LESS TIME AND WITH MORE WINS.

If you look at their board, they literally think they have an all world defense just because their DE has gone against poo level talent at Oline.

Yet they can't comprehend the fact that the same OT that shut him out is playing again and most likely will shut him out.

Of course, they "conveniently" started having good pash rush all of a sudden playing after our game. Yet look at that schedule, and none of them speak "good oline."

So happy Daryl is back to put Vic in his place. Their defense is not as good as they think it is, and they're in for a huge surprise soon. Gosh, and I thought I was bad.

How exactly has Ryan had more than Cam? More offensive weapons doesn't win Super Bowls. The highest ranked defense Ryan has ever had in his career is 12th. Cam had the 2nd ranked defense in 2013 and the 6th ranked last year. Isn't there an old saying that defense wins championships? Cam's supporting cast has been just as good as Ryan's if it better 

3 minutes ago, Jd dirtybird21 said:

How exactly has Ryan had more than Cam? More offensive weapons doesn't win Super Bowls. The highest ranked defense Ryan has ever had in his career is 12th. Cam had the 2nd ranked defense in 2013 and the 6th ranked last year. Isn't there an old saying that defense wins championships? Cam's supporting cast has been just as good as Ryan's if it better 

You know his offensive support has been better

Just now, beastson said:

You know his offensive support has been better

It absolutely has been. But Cam's defensive support has been WAY better and YOU know THAT. So I'd say it's 50-50. FTR, I think Cam is the better and far away more talented player. I'm just not a fan of playoff record stats for QB's. I think playoff wins and championships are far more about teams and coaches than one player. 

Maybe I am biased being a falcons fan, I don't know. But obviously to me Matt Ryan is way better. He has superior numbers in every remarkable QB statistic. He's also been more consistent during the season as the undisputed leader of the falcons since he wws drafted and been to the playoffs more. Overall he's had more winning seasons and a better winning percentage. Cam had an anomaly season last year. He's also had the benefit of Kelvin Benjamin who's a remarkable talent in his own right but he sucks at getting him the ball. His number #1 option is Greg Olson cause he's not very good at reading defenses or breaking a 60% completion rate (a measuring stick for good traditional QBs). 

Cam Newton has had the benefit of playing with the luxury of a dominant defense that got him the ball back very often and covers up for his gay flamboyance on the field. I think the face of the panthers is really Luke Kuechly. For me Cam needs to be more consistent to be considered better, just like he is consistently gay. 

4 hours ago, Jd dirtybird21 said:

It absolutely has been. But Cam's defensive support has been WAY better and YOU know THAT. So I'd say it's 50-50. FTR, I think Cam is the better and far away more talented player. I'm just not a fan of playoff record stats for QB's. I think playoff wins and championships are far more about teams and coaches than one player. 

Marino had a terrible playoff record too, but no one will take drew beldsoe over him. I'm not a big fan of Cam's to be honest. I just don't think he's a good passer. Just a dominant athlete who can be great in a run first offense. However having a killer defense absolutely help. Defense still wins championships and MR2 would've won a superbowl with players like Luke Kuechly, Kawann Short, and Thomas Davis on defense.

Archived