• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The possibility still exists....

Mr. Scot

...that the season could be turned around and the Panthers could finish with a winning record, maybe even make the playoffs. That possibility will still exist even if the Panthers lose on Monday night.

And if that happens, it'd be no surprise to see John Fox get a contract extension.

Being brutally honest, that would be a worst-case scenario for the folks who want wholesale changes in the roster and the coaching staff. Hate to tell you guys, but it is still conceivable that things could get turned around.

On a related note, part of me wonders whether or not it might be better for the team to lose - perhaps even in embarrassing fashion - to the Cowboys on Monday. If that happened, they'd have two weeks to sit and stew over that loss. And hey, who knows? Perhaps 0-3 with two embarrassing losses in the rear view mirror would be a sufficient kick in the teeth to get some fire back in these guys' stomachs.

So yeah, I'm okay with losing a game if it makes us better overall.

Losing a season? I can't bring myself to get behind that.

i think any way you look at it, the bye week couldn't possibly have come at a better time. we're going to need it, and need it bad. If we manage a win, the bye will serve to let us get some guys healthy, and be extra prepared for washington, and - hopefully - be 2-2 and right back in it.

if we lose (god forbid) then the bye will be a time for major, major adjustments, and the washington game will show if there really is any hope left for the season. (i'm not sure i buy the "stew over the loss" thing though. that was the oft-quoted chip on the panthers' proverbial shoulders following the cards playoff loss, but we know how that turned out.)

i think any way you look at it, the bye week couldn't possibly have come at a better time. we're going to need it, and need it bad. If we manage a win, the bye will serve to let us get some guys healthy, and be extra prepared for washington, and - hopefully - be 2-2 and right back in it.

if we lose (god forbid) then the bye will be a time for major, major adjustments, and the washington game will show if there really is any hope left for the season. (i'm not sure i buy the "stew over the loss" thing though. that was the oft-quoted chip on the panthers' proverbial shoulders following the cards playoff loss, but we know how that turned out.)

Good flip-side on my take, and absolutely correct.

The only metaphor for tomorrow night that I can think of is Gettysburg, when General Lee had General Pickett's troops (Lead by North Carolina troops) charge headlong into Union artillery (ouch!). I hope we have better results tomorrrow night.:eek:

in that case let's hope all of meade's bullets get intercepted :D

Archived