• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Matty Meltdown - Failcons VS Seachickens Thread

Saca312

16 hours ago, outlaw4 said:

No one saw last year's run coming. No one saw all the adversity we'd face this year either. What I ask for is to reach the playoffs and give ourselves a chance. With the right moves and a little bit of luck, another run is possible.

I'd like to believe that, but I think Cam has lost a step and will become an even less threat to run, making him an average QB. I think the staff knows that too and that is the reason they are saying they need to evolve, change up the offense. My fear is that we have seen the best we will see from Cam unless he can work on his mechanics and become a better passer, which so far he has not. I also worry that Luke will continue to have concussion issues. I hope I'm wrong, but this franchise has a history that makes me feel that's how it will go. 

2 hours ago, ickmule said:

I'd like to believe that, but I think Cam has lost a step and will become an even less threat to run, making him an average QB. I think the staff knows that too and that is the reason they are saying they need to evolve, change up the offense. My fear is that we have seen the best we will see from Cam unless he can work on his mechanics and become a better passer, which so far he has not. I also worry that Luke will continue to have concussion issues. I hope I'm wrong, but this franchise has a history that makes me feel that's how it will go. 

For his longevity, Cam should be running less but only with regards to designed plays. If he needs to scramble, he should be allowed to. As for passing, what he needs the most is a stable pocket, especially to where he can step into throws. I actually think Kalil was the biggest loss last season since it seemed Cam got a lot more pressure right up the middle once he was gone which threw off his mechanics. I do believe we need to practice throwing on the run more, both by design and improvisation, in case protection is less than ideal next season.

Knock on wood here but one thing our team does well is finding great linebackers. I'd hate to see further issues with Luke but recall that he was drafted when we had Jon Beason. Drafting a linebacker high isn't out of the question entirely.

5 hours ago, osiruz said:

Yall need to go for the division team. We're reppin the south right now.

GTFO.  You know how this works.  I'm a cheesehead through next weekend and Rodgers, Peppers and Matthews literally make me sick to my stomach.  :)

Same can be said for Pittsburgh.  I will be pulling for the Pats even though everything about that team makes me want to vomit.  The Steelers fans are worse however.  Go Brady!!!  (puke)

Archived