• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers 20-1 to win next year's Super Bowl

SgtJoo

Just now, GeorgiaBoyz said:

How do you come to the conclusion that if Kyle leaves our O will go with him? We won't change schemes & we aren't losing any players so how do you figure our O will be so much different? 

Don't change scheme? Teams have an off-season to crack the code. 

New OC comes in, will likely switch things up. You look at who Matt Ryan throws to, you see Shanahan doing beautiful work out there. There's a receiver wide open and ready to turn 3rd and longs into easy 1st downs.

It sure won't be a walk in the park, but I certainly believe Carolina has the personnel - if healthy - to have just as good of an offense as the Falcons. Our defense is far better though, and will ultimately decide the outcome next year.

Just remember, you guys lost 38-0 to us when we had healthy guys out there. I find it interesting whenever we lost recently, someone of great importance is injured (i.e. Stewart for blocking, Bradberry, Luke recently, etc.)

Of course, that doesn't include the amazing work Shanahan has done to make you guys a juggernaut this year, but I still don't see any improvement going into next year.

6 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Don't change scheme? Teams have an off-season to crack the code. 

New OC comes in, will likely switch things up. You look at who Matt Ryan throws to, you see Shanahan doing beautiful work out there. There's a receiver wide open and ready to turn 3rd and longs into easy 1st downs.

It sure won't be a walk in the park, but I certainly believe Carolina has the personnel - if healthy - to have just as good of an offense as the Falcons. Our defense is far better though, and will ultimately decide the outcome next year.

Just remember, you guys lost 38-0 to us when we had healthy guys out there. I find it interesting whenever we lost recently, someone of great importance is injured (i.e. Stewart for blocking, Bradberry, Luke recently, etc.)

Of course, that doesn't include the amazing work Shanahan has done to make you guys a juggernaut this year, but I still don't see any improvement going into next year.

That makes no Sense. NFC Champs, historic O, best year our QB has had in his career but changes schemes after their best season in decades .. not happening in a million years. We'll promote within or hire another WC OC .. we will not change schemes whatsoever. That is just a rival reach. Crack a code .. ? Its not a code to  be cracked .. It's a WC offense with great weapons at WR, a good OL, 1 top 10 RB & 1 top 15 RB. The best tandem in the league. The tandem is what's unique & they aren't going any where. It's not rocket science they're winning on talent more so than scheme. Good & Great WRs will get open .. wide open. If Kyle left tomorrow do you really think Julio, Gabriel & Sanu wouldn't get wide open with our OL & RBs coming out the backfield? It's a matchup issue for any defense out of those 5 someone will beat their man 9/10x .. that's why they're a "historic" bunch. We aren't the only team who runs the WC & it's not new to the league so their isn't a code. Carolina has talent on D but so does all the other good/great defenses we ran through. #8 scoring O of all time .. if you think you have the weapons to match that than cool, I don't see Shula or said talent coming close to that because they would have last year when they had the best O in the league & many other teams with superior talent than Carolina on O this year would have as well. What does you guys beating us 38-0 have to do with anything ? We beat Carolina 3x in a row since then so I don't see how that is relevant. Point being is outside of being a homer .. you're really hanging your hat on possibilities, a lot that aren't as easy as you're attempting to make it seem. Our defense is good & getting better by the week too so barring any injuries I'd said going forwards things are looking up for us.

You don't see improvement because you don't wanna see improvement. That's what homerism does turns you bias to everything even if it's in plain sight.

The 20-1 odds the Panthers are given to win the Super Bowl, which put them right behind most of this year's playoff teams, indicate that the oddsmakers agree with Carolina coach Ron Rivera that missing the playoffs this season was a "blip" and not a trend. The nucleus of the team that went 17-2 (including playoffs) and reached the Super Bowl in 2015 remains largely intact. A more experienced secondary to go with more than $33 million to spend under the salary cap give Carolina a reasonable shot at contending for the title next season. -- David Newton

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/32for32x170124/way-too-early-super-bowl-lii-odds-every-nfl-team-2017

I'm so fuging sick of such stupid prediction.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

7 hours ago, Harbingers said:

And QB. 

Cam had a down season. No doubt. Crazy thing is even with that, we still could have been in the wildcard hunt if Gano hadn't turned into Ray Finkle. I think if we had somehow managed to get into the playoffs, Cam would have turned the heat up. Dude is a competitor. Somehow people still question that, and it's pathetic, we have some ungrateful motherf*ckers in this fanbase.

10 hours ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

That makes no Sense. NFC Champs, historic O, best year our QB has had in his career but changes schemes after their best season in decades .. not happening in a million years. We'll promote within or hire another WC OC .. we will not change schemes whatsoever. That is just a rival reach. Crack a code .. ? Its not a code to  be cracked .. It's a WC offense with great weapons at WR, a good OL, 1 top 10 RB & 1 top 15 RB. The best tandem in the league. The tandem is what's unique & they aren't going any where. It's not rocket science they're winning on talent more so than scheme. Good & Great WRs will get open .. wide open. If Kyle left tomorrow do you really think Julio, Gabriel & Sanu wouldn't get wide open with our OL & RBs coming out the backfield? It's a matchup issue for any defense out of those 5 someone will beat their man 9/10x .. that's why they're a "historic" bunch. We aren't the only team who runs the WC & it's not new to the league so their isn't a code. Carolina has talent on D but so does all the other good/great defenses we ran through. #8 scoring O of all time .. if you think you have the weapons to match that than cool, I don't see Shula or said talent coming close to that because they would have last year when they had the best O in the league & many other teams with superior talent than Carolina on O this year would have as well. What does you guys beating us 38-0 have to do with anything ? We beat Carolina 3x in a row since then so I don't see how that is relevant. Point being is outside of being a homer .. you're really hanging your hat on possibilities, a lot that aren't as easy as you're attempting to make it seem. Our defense is good & getting better by the week too so barring any injuries I'd said going forwards things are looking up for us.

You don't see improvement because you don't wanna see improvement. That's what homerism does turns you bias to everything even if it's in plain sight.

Things change from year to year man. Get over it.  Everything you are saying about how great the Falcons are may be true, but every year is different.  The wolf at the top of the hill is never as hungry as the wolf trying to get there.

1 hour ago, RickyManningJr said:

Things change from year to year man. Get over it.  Everything you are saying about how great the Falcons are may be true, but every year is different.  The wolf at the top of the hill is never as hungry as the wolf trying to get there.

Wrong things don't change year to year when you remain healthy. Ask me how I know .. Carolina won the NFCs 3 years in a row. Took a step back after going to the Super Bowl now all of a sudden "stuff changes year to year." Like I said you're hanging your hat on a lot of possibilities from a rival stand point while ignoring the fact if your OL hadn't been broke, DB unit let all its vets walk & injury bug had not broke the team in 1/2 you guys may have competed with an improved Falcons team for the division but instead of recognizing that it's easier to hope & say "stuff changes year to year .. get over it. We'll be back next year" while ignoring the fact your own team won the division 3 years in a row. Come on now.  Lol.

You say that poo now but god forbid you don't win the division for another 2 years .. that'll get the bias out your eyes. You'll then see a good OL, good weapons on D & health can keep you at the top or maybe you'll still be hoping "stuff changes because it's obviously not possible to lock up a division more than one year unless it's Carolina doing it." Either way Good luck. 

so you completely forgot about the growing pains Ryan had trying to learn this system and led the NFL in redzone turnovers last year and you guys wanted him gone....now bring in another OC but you're telling me there will be no growing pains from it, when history clearly shows growing pains when coaches change...

1 hour ago, -13 Amp- said:

so you completely forgot about the growing pains Ryan had trying to learn this system and led the NFL in redzone turnovers last year and you guys wanted him gone....now bring in another OC but you're telling me there will be no growing pains from it, when history clearly shows growing pains when coaches change...

It doesn't matter who the coach is because the scheme isn't changing. Had growing pains with the scheme change last year, grasped it this year & grew now all of a sudden if we change coaches we'll change schemes. Thats crazy talk. coaching change, maybe, scheme change .. hell no.

6 hours ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

It doesn't matter who the coach is because the scheme isn't changing. Had growing pains with the scheme change last year, grasped it this year & grew now all of a sudden if we change coaches we'll change schemes. Thats crazy talk. coaching change, maybe, scheme change .. hell no.

Man U are all over it!

Archived