• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Summer 2017 Transfer Season

Ja  Rhule

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

All the speculation right now is De Gea and £180M for Morata and CR7 but who knows. It's just a bunch of news outlets quoting each other at this point.

Not going to happen.  Manchester United is about by that dude from Italy for £60M.  Their wingers and midfield is already overcrowded.

5 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

All the speculation right now is De Gea and £180M for Morata and CR7 but who knows. It's just a bunch of news outlets quoting each other at this point.

That actually sounds low to me.  Real will want 180 for CR7 alone.  It's all crazy.  LOL.

1 minute ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Again, why haven't they? If it were that simple, then Utd wouldn't be negotiating with us. 

If Martial, Rushford and Rooney are that good then Mourinho wouldn't be looking at our boy. The truth is Mourinho doesn't trust his own players. Rushford has potential but nothing is certain about him, Martial makes Bale look extremely consistent and Rooney is a zombie lulz

Dude, it's all rumors.  You telling me rumors like they are facts...  Rumors are Chelsea wants Morata but that rumor is whoreshit for people like you to get clicks.

Just now, Promethean Forerunner said:

Bingo!

Here's what is not a rumor. Madrid want 70m. Utd offers stands at 60m. Madrid declined.

That's all we know. However, knowing how negotiations go in transfer windows, the first offer hardly ever goes. You know this.

This might be a rumor as well.  They said Arsenal bid £100M for Mbappe... I call bullshit on it.  The only thing I'm certain about is Lukaku to Chelsea because Lukaku said he's going to Chelsea himself.

10 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

Not going to happen.  Manchester United is about by that dude from Italy for £60M.  Their wingers and midfield is already overcrowded.

I think the assumption is they would pull out of the Perisic race if they pulled off that deal.

They'd be heavy in the midfield but they could just play CR7 on the left and sell Martial who predominantly played the left as the season went on.

So it would be Romero, Valencia, Lindelof, Bailly, Rojo, Fellaini, Herrera, Pogba, Ronaldo, Mhiki, Morata with Rashford, Rooney, Lingard, Carrick, Mata, Taunzebe Shaw, Darmian, and Johnstone as depth.

We do need a primary striker. Martial actually didn't play up top towards the end of last year and actually played on the left. That leaves us with Rashford and Rooney (who shouldn't see the pitch). So there does need to be an addition made.

We could also use help on the left if Mou is keen on getting rid of Martial. The only other player that played primarily on the left was Young and Utd. seems to be fading him out. Rashford and Lingard can come on at the left and Mhiki can play there as well but it would be nice to have someone that can start the match as a left mid who plays primarily on the left, whether that's Martial or someone else.

11 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I think the assumption is they would pull out of the Perisic race if they pulled off that deal.

They'd be heavy in the midfield but they could just play CR7 on the left and sell Martial who predominantly played the left as the season went on.

So it would be Romero, Valencia, Lindelof, Bailly, Rojo, Fellaini, Herrera, Pogba, Ronaldo, Mhiki, Morata with Rashford, Rooney, Lingard, Carrick, Mata, Taunzebe Shaw, Darmian, and Johnstone as depth.

Holy poo balls...  they have waaaay to many players

14 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

Those players were above average until they joined them.

I'll give you Shaw, Rojo, and Darmian, and even Fellaini and Mata because their transfers were somewhat recent but some of those players are homegrown and in the process of putting it all together (Lingard, Rashford, Tuanzebe), some are just adjusting to life at Utd. (Pogba, Mhiki, Bailly), and some are just declining (Rooney and Carrick). You also have players who may just not be a fit for Mou's system (Martial), and then you have guys who everyone is content with (Valencia and Herrera). 

I just think Utd. are starting to weed out some of the players that haven't succeeded and are using the plug and play method until they get answers.

Mou obviously doesn't care about how his players feel toward him so if that means replacing Smalling and Jones (crosses fingers), then so be it.

Archived