• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Summer 2017 Transfer Season

Ja  Rhule

3 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Reports are saying Chelsea aren't going to pay a 100m to buy out Belotti. The only logical option that remains is Morata. Nothing indicates that they are going to attempt to sign Sanchez.

Chelsea can pay £85M for 23 year old Belotti who scored poo load of goals over the last 2 years or £70M (per you) for 25 year old Morata who scored 30 goals over 3 years.  Think Chelsea can't afford to pay £15M more for more proven player?

Also, Sanchez wants to stay in London but wants out of Arsenal.  He has 1 year left on his contract and Arsenal will sell for £40M if he refused to sign new contract.  Chelsea is obvious suitor right now.

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Lukaku will fit in well at Utd.

He's a player that we know can live up to the demands of the premier league and should fill Ibra's position nicely.

He is physical and perfect fit for Mourinho system.  Morata was obvious choice because Mourinho knows him and knows he fits his system but Mourinho do not value him at £60M 

50 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

He is physical and perfect fit for Mourinho system.  Morata was obvious choice because Mourinho knows him and knows he fits his system but Mourinho do not value him at £60M 

I did not think Lukaku was an option and while I was definitely excited about the possibility of Morata in Mou's system, I can't be mad at Lukaku. Like you said, he's a perfect fit and he'll fill the role vacated by Ibra nicely while also providing a considerable more amount of pace up top. 

8 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I did not think Lukaku was an option and while I was definitely excited about the possibility of Morata in Mou's system, I can't be mad at Lukaku. Like you said, he's a perfect fit and he'll fill the role vacated by Ibra nicely while also providing a considerable more amount of pace up top. 

Mourinho loves physical, big forwards who can bully defenses. Lukaku not only huge but extremely fast for his size.  Dude can fly.  Only knock on Lukaku, he will miss few empty nets from 5 yards out :p

Chelsea fan here and I personally would have preferred Lukaku as he is proven in the PL.  That said no way Morata has had the pitch time at Madrid to show all he has to offer.  I will believe literally any of these rumors once the ink is dry.  There is literally nothing more misleading than summer transfer rumors.. And no Morata is not worth 70 m

3 hours ago, ARSEN said:

Mourinho loves physical, big forwards who can bully defenses. Lukaku not only huge but extremely fast for his size.  Dude can fly.  Only knock on Lukaku, he will miss few empty nets from 5 yards out :p

I read that he will be on the preseason tour with United.

I purchased my tickets to the game at FedEx Field against Barca awhile back. If Lukaku plays, I'll get more than I bargained for.

From what I can tell Belloti transfered to Torino for 7 m and now he would cost 88 m?  LOL.  Morata TF was 30m now he is 70 m plus?  SMH no way.  Screw it keep Batman and pickup another reasonable striker and go with him.  Spend money on defense.

The only reason Morata was only 30m was because he had a buyback clause fwiw. Involved in a goal every 55 minutes last year, and scored every 66 minutes. The idea that Morata isn't a first choice Striker at almost any club is laughable. 

2 hours ago, C47 said:

The only reason Morata was only 30m was because he had a buyback clause fwiw. Involved in a goal every 55 minutes last year, and scored every 66 minutes. The idea that Morata isn't a first choice Striker at almost any club is laughable. 

So why was he not first choice for Real if he is so good?

41 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I don't know why any United fan would complain about Lukakau.

For a team that had no pace and struggled to score, we can't afford to be picky.

Lukaku will be fine.

They are prob Real closet fans...

Lukaku is a better fit in Mourinho system than Morata.

Archived