• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Former Panthers DE Greg Hardy Expected To

Saca312

6 minutes ago, Mr. Miagi said:

You're comparing MMA to basketball ? Lol

Hardy is a middle school basketball player. Nunes is a college player. 

No, I'm comparing male and female athleticism.

You seem like one of those guys who watch outlandish kung fu movies and think that stuff is real. There's a certain mysticism to martial arts in society and it's largely BS. Yes, trained beats untrained almost every time but just like every sport generally speaking you can take a far superior athlete and quickly get that athlete up to speed against inferior athletes. That's assuming the athlete is willing to put in the work and doesn't have a fatal flaw. Examples of such a flaw being brick hands for a WR in football or a glass chin for a fighter.

33 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You seem like one of those guys who watch outlandish kung fu movies and think that stuff is real. There's a certain mysticism to martial arts in society and it's largely BS. Yes, trained beats untrained almost every time but just like every sport generally speaking you can take a far superior athlete and quickly get that athlete up to speed against inferior athletes. That's assuming the athlete is willing to put in the work and doesn't have a fatal flaw. Examples of such a flaw being brick hands for a WR in football or a glass chin for a fighter.

Of course, an average male is much more superior than a female. However, that's your damn average everyday people. 

Where talking about a fuggn professional female fighter who has professional, quality, the best of the best trainers and training. Not the average females who post pictures instagrams. Against, a professional football player who has average off the streets, probably his buddies, uncles and cousins as his trainers. Come the fug on. 

Im done. I am taking myself out of this retarded argument. Thank you. Bye bye. Mother fugassssss. So long, gay boy.

46 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You've never rolled with a solid female BJJ player. Hardy would get choked unconscious in a matter of seconds. Nunes is a Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt.

2 minutes ago, rodeo said:

You've never rolled with a solid female BJJ player. Hardy would get choked unconscious in a matter of seconds. Nunes is a Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt.

Again, I'm working under the assumption here that Hardy has been seriously training. If he hasn't, you're 100% right. If he had, not a chance. Not uncommon at all to see BJJ black belts getting KTFO by blue belts in MMA. Like Carlson Gracie said, "Punch a black belt in the face and he becomes a brown belt. Punch him again, a purple belt..."

25 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Again, I'm working under the assumption here that Hardy has been seriously training. If he hasn't, you're 100% right. If he had, not a chance. Not uncommon at all to see BJJ black belts getting KTFO by blue belts in MMA. Like Carlson Gracie said, "Punch a black belt in the face and he becomes a brown belt. Punch him again, a purple belt..."

Yeah I have no idea about his training or how long he's been training or the quality of his training. But BJJ is the great equalizer when it comes to size. I've rolled with 5'4'' women who felt like they might as well be Kawann Short once they grab hold of an arm or a neck. If Hardy's training is anywhere near legit, he'd squash Nunes like a gnat. If it's not, he'd get strangled.

These arguments are like King Kong vs Godzilla though. They're never going to fight irl so it's just wankery.

3 minutes ago, rodeo said:

Yeah I have no idea about his training or how long he's been training or the quality of his training. But BJJ is the great equalizer when it comes to size. I've rolled with 5'4'' women who felt like they might as well be Kawann Short once they grab hold of an arm or a neck. If Hardy's training is anywhere near legit, he'd squash Nunes like a gnat. If it's not, he'd get strangled.

These arguments are like King Kong vs Godzilla though. They're never going to fight irl so it's just wankery.

Lol thats a joke bro.  GHardy is 270, 250 at his lightest.  He would straight body slam a woman if he's in MMA shape with any kind of pro level training.  There's such a huge advangtage in weight alone and now you talk about adding the gender gap?  Dude get real I'm 6'4 235 and I dont think theres a female on the planet that could best me in a fight especially some 150lber lol. 

1 hour ago, Mvp2014 said:

Lol thats a joke bro.  GHardy is 270, 250 at his lightest.  He would straight body slam a woman if he's in MMA shape with any kind of pro level training.  There's such a huge advangtage in weight alone and now you talk about adding the gender gap?  Dude get real I'm 6'4 235 and I dont think theres a female on the planet that could best me in a fight especially some 150lber lol. 

How many Brazilian jiu jitsu blackbelts have you rolled with?

21 hours ago, j2sgam said:

Heard Jay Glazer on sports radio a few months back, said he was going to do everything in his power to prevent Hardy from getting into MMA. He'd talk to every trainer, gym, promoter, etc to keep Hardy away from the ring, said the sport does not need the kind of person Greg is... 

maybe he should focus on the handful of bad people who are already in the NFL or in college about to join. 

3 hours ago, rodeo said:

How many Brazilian jiu jitsu blackbelts have you rolled with?

My best friend growing up was black belt that competed regionally and we used to spar all the time until we were 17.   I have a boxing background but was able to win more often than not in wrestling because I was always bigger and have great balance.  10 lbs is huge with trained fighters. 20-30 is outright unfair.  

Sure Nunes would probably dump some 250lb fatty in the walmart parking lot but not a male trained fighter with 100lb advantage.  

Guest Lasus83
My best friend growing up was black belt that competed regionally and we used to spar all the time until we were 17.   I have a boxing background but was able to win more often than not in wrestling because I was always bigger and have great balance.  10 lbs is huge with trained fighters. 20-30 is outright unfair.  

Sure Nunes would probably dump some 250lb fatty in the walmart parking lot but not a male trained fighter with 100lb advantage.  

This.

I've competed (poorly) in boxing and (better) wrestling, back in my youth.

100lbs is a massive difference.

We used to wrestle each other up the various weight classes while training.

The smallest guy would wrestle the one bigger, whoever won would move on up.
You might be able to take the guy one class bigger than you with speed or technique, but never 2 classes bigger. With everyone trained, there was not a helluva lot to separate us besides weight.

You could get angry, try to use a surge of adrenaline... but that was usually when you were already beat and the most likely time to make a mistake the other guy would exploit.

Sent from my SM-G930P using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Archived