• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chiefs looking to make Eric Berry highest paid safety

gorillamilitia13

2 minutes ago, PantherPhann89 said:

Done...Eric Berry is now the highest paid Safety in the NFL signing a 6 yr 78 million deal

Will comment after my heart starts beating, lungs start breathing, and Harvard's sharpest minds complete their thesis' on how the FUG Kansas City can do this.  Holy fugging poo.

7 minutes ago, Nails said:

Will comment after my heart starts beating, lungs start breathing, and Harvard's sharpest minds complete their thesis' on how the FUG Kansas City can do this.  Holy fugging poo.

I've explained it several times but people choose not to listen.  While their overall cap space looked low they have a lot of flexibility in the contracts that comprised that number.  With a few cuts of guys that don't even play they could easily get around $17m in cap space.  Also a lot of their contracts aren't leveraged to the hilt like ours were a few ago so they could always convert those large salaries to bonuses and free up some money that way.

Also their cap clears a lot in 2019 so they pretty much just have to worry about the next 2 years.  Don't be surprised if they now put the tag Poe.  Which would actually take more cap space then if they gave him a long term deal.

2 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

I've explained it several times but people choose not to listen.  While their overall cap space looked low they have a lot of flexibility in the contracts that comprised that number.  With a few cuts of guys that don't even play they could easily get around $17m in cap space.  Also a lot of their contracts aren't leveraged to the hilt like ours were a few ago so they could always convert those large salaries to bonuses and free up some money that way.

Also their cap clears a lot in 2019 so they pretty much just have to worry about the next 2 years.  Don't be surprised if they now put the tag Poe.  Which would actually take more cap space then if they gave him a long term deal.

And still no QB.  No Super Bowl for them. Hopefully they do tag Poe, one less option for the DT desperate teams-making the KK tag/trade more desirable and likely.

Archived