• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just a random thought.

iamhubby1

30 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

Short answer is it depends on if Jacksonville goes QB or Fournette, I think if Trubisky drops to Jacksonville they will have a tougher choice, but I see him going to the 49'ers 

Adams could end up being a real stud, so yeah SS doesnt make sense, but getting a Elite level player at every level in the Defense wont hurt, Short, Luke/davis and then Adams,

I like Adams. But man, a SS at 8 just doesn't sound right. I mean,  will probably be happy if he pans out. But I may always see him and think "Who else could we have had.".

I am a Hog Mollie type of guy. But I love me skilled players as well. Just call me Mr. Wishy Washy.

I posted this in the other thread before I saw this is the live one.

I think this draft has the potential to be as good as 2011.

Garrett

Thomas

Adams

Allen

Lattimore

Hooker

Fournette

Howard

At least one of these guys will be there at 8, and I think all can be stars.  No guarantees on any prospect, but each of these guys has the potential to be special.  And that isn’t even taking into consideration McCaffrey, Ross, Davis, and a few others that also have a chance to be special. 

So, I feel confident we will get someone really good at #8.  I do think there is a pecking order, but I’d be pleased with any of these guys.   

34 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

I'm with you, so many options and we really don't have any glaring needs like when we drafted star. Bpa could actually be the case at pick #8 for us. Of course I have my fav prospects but you really can't be mad if we get who we are projected to get in any mock I've seen so far

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

See, that's the problem. My head says we are getting one whale of a player. But the Huddle? They be shakin my confidence daily.

33 minutes ago, uscgamecocks said:

Personally, I think we draft eighth in a draft with five top-tier players that are scheme transcendent and therefore fit any team:

Garrett

Thomas

Hooker

Adams

Lattimore

I think the next tier, for the Panthers, are talented players that fit - or could fit - what we do on offense / defense:

OJ Howard

Fournette (can he be as effective from shotgun?)

Corey Davis

Jonathan Allen

John Ross

So my guess is one of the top 5 if available, or one of the bottom tier if the top five are gone.  I think it's possible the Panthers would place Howard/Fournette over Adams.

Basically, we should root for QBs to go early.

Now, don't take this the wrong way, because I truly appreciate your input. But, that did nothing to diminish my confusion.

And I guess no Barnett for you eh?

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Happens every year. Everyone is always split on draft prospects. Except for Star. Everyone wanted Star. Just no one thought he'd be there at #13.

You are absolutely correct but......I think you might have made a very small mistake.

I member the board absolutely exploding when he fell to us, I couldn't believe it.  Then Dex did his thing and the rest is history.

27 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

It depends on who gets picked in the first 7 and also depends on who the team has on their big board which none of us will know, which means we will keep guessing until draft day . 

Food for thought, even the mock drafts by the so called experts are usually wrong  . All it takes is one team making a screwball pick or some laremy tunsil type unpredictable incident to throw all your predictions to the wayside 

Mayock (I think) compares Davis to Terrell Owens, minus the crazy.  So, it's possible one of the teams in front of us feels similarly and pulls the trigger, which would push one of the other studs closer to us.  And there might be other players that a team ahead of us falls in love with that is not currently expected to go top 7, but could be a wild card.  Heck, I could see us as a team with a wild card.  So, the only thing that is certain in this draft is that nothing's certain. 

8 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

See, that's the problem. My head says we are getting one whale of a player. But the Huddle? They be shakin my confidence daily.

First thing you need to understand is that 99% of the posters here don't know what they are talking about...unless they agree with you!

4 minutes ago, SIGCHI222 said:

You are absolutely correct but......I think you might have made a very small mistake.

I member the board absolutely exploding when he fell to us, I couldn't believe it.  Then Dex did his thing and the rest is history.

I don't recall this "Dex thing"

5 minutes ago, Woodie said:

Mayock (I think) compares Davis to Terrell Owens, minus the crazy.  So, it's possible one of the teams in front of us feels similarly and pulls the trigger, which would push one of the other studs closer to us.  And there might be other players that a team ahead of us falls in love with that is not currently expected to go top 7, but could be a wild card.  Heck, I could see us as a team with a wild card.  So, the only thing that is certain in this draft is that nothing's certain. 

Hell, if he's T.O. minus the crazy, I hope WE draft him.

I just hope somehow someway John Ross and bolles/Garcia end up on the team, who we pick at 8 regardless,if its Adams, oj, fournette, lattimore or whoever, it's going to be a good pick IMO

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

34 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

It depends on who gets picked in the first 7 and also depends on who the team has on their big board which none of us will know, which means we will keep guessing until draft day . 

Food for thought, even the mock drafts by the so called experts are usually wrong  . All it takes is one team making a screwball pick or some laremy tunsil type unpredictable incident to throw all your predictions to the wayside 

I get what you are saying, and yea, the draft can be a wild ride some years.

That said. You did nothing but add to my confusion. Now I not only have to figure out who could be obvious for us. But now I have to add in an obviously not obvious pick. So...thanks for that. lol

Wasn't it Holmes that said "If you rule out the obvious. Whatever remains, however unlikely, must be the correct answer."?

19 minutes ago, Woodie said:

I posted this in the other thread before I saw this is the live one.

I think this draft has the potential to be as good as 2011.

Garrett

Thomas

Adams

Allen

Lattimore

Hooker

Fournette

Howard

At least one of these guys will be there at 8, and I think all can be stars.  No guarantees on any prospect, but each of these guys has the potential to be special.  And that isn’t even taking into consideration McCaffrey, Ross, Davis, and a few others that also have a chance to be special. 

So, I feel confident we will get someone really good at #8.  I do think there is a pecking order, but I’d be pleased with any of these guys.   

Great way to cut through all the noise.

I too would be happy with any of these 8.

Archived