• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"McCaffery at 8 would be a reach and waste of a pick."

Rags

11 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

I mean, with Shula's track record, I don't have to.  Cam's had one really great season under Shula, and after that season he regressed inexplicably, and he still hasn't fixed Cam's issues throwing.  Plus, he never utilizes dump down passes which are McCaffrey's bread and butter.  

Shula has failed pretty much every place he's been including Alabama.  Do you know how hard it is to fail at Alabama?  It's inexplicably difficult to fail at Alabama.  And he did that.  

It's not hating when there's actual facts to back up my thoughts.  Shula would find a way to f uck this up, as he's done before.  Cam should be a top 5 QB in the NFL right now, and mostly because of Shula in everyone's opinion he isn't.  Simple as that.  

He didn't regress because of Shula, we all know it was the line

25 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

And Shula isn't.  Hence the reason the pick would suck.  

Honestly, I feel like our WR coach would be all over Shula's playbook if we got McCaffrey. Since he was his coach at Stanford, I assume he'll make Shula it's drilled in Shula's head on how to utilize him best.

And to be fair, I'll admit Shula isn't half bad at run plays. He can be creative in a small way.

Oh who am I kidding lol.

Just now, nctarheel0619 said:

Disagree, as an OC you have to gameplan, and Shula kept calling long developing passing plays.  

At some point you can't game-plan around a poor offensive line and he isn't taking a key component out of the Panthers game plan just because the players can't execute ... you get players who can execute the following year

Shula is a good OC, when players execute

Just now, Saca312 said:

Honestly, I feel like our WR coach would be all over Shula's playbook if we got McCaffrey. Since he was his coach at Stanford, I assume he'll make Shula it's drilled in Shula's head on how to utilize him best.

I gotcha, I just don't trust Shula to do anything properly.  So, I don't think so man.  

8 minutes ago, backINblack28 said:

what team uses a #8 pick on james white? i get you're arguing he would be a better version, but even a danny woodhead, shane vereen, ryan matthews, sproles type back?

i don't disagree with the progression of starting to like the idea of having him more in our offense, and i've had the same transition, but i still don't think his value is 8th overall.  he is one of those players that has climbed perception since he's been off of a college field from like round 2-4 to top 10.  and he hasn't done anything on a field really to warrant that...so it's strange for me to now look at him differently.

i just don't think there's anyway we take mccaffrey with either thomas, LF, or adams still on the board. if none of the aforementioned players are there, and we traded down and got him, that'd be another thing.

The problem with that thought process (and many share it) is you are making the assumption that picking a Pro Bowl Player is guaranteed. The objective is to win games and McCaffery increases our odds of doing that when used correctly! We would be getting the Best WR and arguably 3rd best running back in one player. He is Wes Welker and DeAngelo Williams sharing the same body

Archived