• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Any thoughts on a trade like this happening since we signed KK long term and drafting Butler 1st rd

steven8989

Not really. I think the point of the article was about potential trade ammo. I don't think it was as much lazy as just thinking Star may not be in the plans post 2017 and maybe can be replaced with a cheaper player. I'm pretty sure most of us in here figured Short wasn't going to be here after this year based on the asking price.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Thanks I appreciate that.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Bottom line

None of you or me know if this is Stars last year with the Panthers, so if someone speculates on a trade with a player with one year left, it is normally a sane possibility because that is how it is done.  NOT with a guy who has 4 years left on his rookie deal.

You guys get all bent like your bend actually controls the future. Or anything beyond a message board.

59 minutes ago, stirs said:

Bottom line

None of you or me know if this is Stars last year with the Panthers, so if someone speculates on a trade with a player with one year left, it is normally a sane possibility because that is how it is done.  NOT with a guy who has 4 years left on his rookie deal.

You guys get all bent like your bend actually controls the future. Or anything beyond a message board.

I think the biggest issue I have with it, isn't that it's possible we trade Star (although that should be a lynching offense imo), but that the justification this lazy writer had was because we just re-signed our outstanding UT, and drafted another UT last year, making out NT expendable. To me, that's the lazy part of that article, in not even bothering to research the actual positions played by his trade-bait, but to just lump them together, since they're all DTs and such.

At least throw out a plausible scenario when stating we could have any sort of trading, or else the writer just looks foolish.

3 minutes ago, Raskle said:

I think the biggest issue I have with it, isn't that it's possible we trade Star (although that should be a lynching offense imo), but that the justification this lazy writer had was because we just re-signed our outstanding UT, and drafted another UT last year, making out NT expendable. To me, that's the lazy part of that article, in not even bothering to research the actual positions played by his trade-bait, but to just lump them together, since they're all DTs and such.

At least throw out a plausible scenario when stating we could have any sort of trading, or else the writer just looks foolish.

A plausible scenario is that I think at least 2 teams in the top 10 are moving to a 43 defense this coming season and there are very few DT's worth a crap in this years draft.  Yes, he could have thrown that in, but on a FOOTBALL message board, you'd think some of the guys here might already recognize the possibilities without having to be spoon fed.  But, they are better at meme posting to make themselves feel like they know more about football at someone else's expense.  I know, it is just the internet and that is how the game is played i guess

I thought jeremy said any thread created with just a link is a ban.

All I ever see on here 90 percent of the time is complaining and saying oh u should ban them. I don't see how anybody wants to talk about anything on here anymore with all the crying. Maybe u should start ur own forum called my Vijay is hurting!!!! Maybe we should ban ones that whine all the time!!!! At least I started a conversation that had not been put on like 30 threads already about a player we are not even going to get. Just worry about ur self!!!!!

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Archived