• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

is it just me or did john fox clap after a fumble?

malik

Rod Marinelli was a hardass who yelled at his players.

Yeah, that worked out well.

Bill Parcells was a hardass, but so was Nick Saban.

Dick Vermeil was a Player's coach, but so is Wade Phillips.

There's no one right way to do it; hardass or softy. But there is a right and a wrong way within each coaching style. Hardasses need to have their players respect them without fearing them. Softies need their players to want to fight for them without settling into complacency. It's all relative.

Panthers screw up....Fox claps, tells his guys to stay focused, and keep playing hard. That is just his style.

I personally prefer the Mike Singletary approach.

It is debatable which method is actually most effective. The Singletary approach just makes viewers happier.

Yeah. For instance, the Singletary approach won't be effective when guys actually quit because of it. Or, for instance, it's not like Sparano's guys are going to magically win because he's going to blow hot air at them. There's always a great feeling to seeing your franchise go down in f'ing flames while Mora or Herm Edwards is all over the news saying something retarded. Denny Green for the win, too.

But sometimes it makes people feel like they'd rather have a liquored up Glanville losing than a Paul Brown winning.

Panthers screw up....Fox claps, tells his guys to stay focused, and keep playing hard. That is just his style.

I personally prefer the Mike Singletary approach.

It is debatable which method is actually most effective. The Singletary approach just makes viewers happier.

I say pants down..I mean hands down..Mike is the better motivator!

I say pants down..I mean hands down..Mike is the better motivator!

He's not more proven than Tony Dungy, who never yelled at anybody as far as I can tell. Yelling and embarrassing players is not the only way to go. In fact, within every team there are players who respond differently to different methods. These are people, not robots.

He's not more proven than Tony Dungy, who never yelled at anybody as far as I can tell. Yelling and embarrassing players is not the only way to go. In fact, within every team there are players who respond differently to different methods. These are people, not robots.

Yep. If there was one way to do things, every coach would do the same thing. Every offense and defense would look the same. God forbid there be two ways to do something.

Archived