• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Got my S8+ and you should get one too...

Darth Biscuit

18 minutes ago, h0llywood said:

wut

Not sure if you were referring to my post, but a Gear VR is a virtual reality headset that you mount your phone onto. It's a lot of fun, especially when you watch the reaction of people you let use it.

I got the LG G6, and I love it.  The S8 and S8+ are great phones, but I got mine three weeks ago when my phone screen got crushed.  I just got my free Google Home yesterday =)  Pretty sweet.

Any my finger print scanner is easily located and fast!

Speaking of that, one of my students was showing off his.  Now, it's a brand new device, and he's coming from an iphone; but it took him considerably longer than to unlock via his iris and face, and he fumbled with the FPS (I've read it's good once you get it right).

So I like my simplicity =)  And I enjoy the wide angle lens.  Again, I have no qualms with the Samsung phones, but people shouldn't sleep on the G6.  It's a fantastic option.

28 minutes ago, Kevin Greene said:

Not a fan of the rounded edge screen.

That's a big preferential issue.  Some people love how they have can MORE short cuts on their phones.  I was always concerned about the long term durability, event with Gorilla Glass 5 on the whole thing.  Again, my kid with the S8+, there are still exposed edges despite the case.  You can't protect that edge if you drop it on something like a curb, a projected surface.  

I agree, the flat screen is nice.  Despite the need for a case and screen protector (the GG3/5 combo on the G6 didn't fare well in the cnet drop test, especially compared to the Samsung), I have a little more piece of mind that my phone can take a few more drops because I don't have glass protruding past the screen.

3 hours ago, Kevin Greene said:

Not a fan of the rounded edge screen.

Eh... I could do without it, but it's fine.  The screen itself is amazing.

So far loving the phone.  Battery life is tremendous...  I'm getting 30 hours on a charge with moderate use now.

Archived