• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Strength and Conditioning Standouts Starts With Cam

Hogmolliesmaht

“Russell Shepard came in and took a vocal role with a position group that needed someone to help bring it together,” Kenn said. “We need guys to be vocal sometimes. And he’s willing to step to the plate and be that guy. When you get seasoned vets, they understand what the process is. Guys like he and (safety) Mike Adamsicon-article-link.gif – they fit right in.”

This comment spoke volumes to me. Maybe I'm reading a little too much into it, but that almost sounds like a veiled shot at some of our younger WRs. Given KB's recurring conditioning issues and Funchess' disappearing acts on Sundays, I don't think it would shock anyone if those young men weren't always putting in the effort that the coaches want to see.

Hell, if Shepard does nothing more than be a special teams ace while lighting a fire under KB and Funch, then he's well worth his paycheck.

21 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

“Russell Shepard came in and took a vocal role with a position group that needed someone to help bring it together,” Kenn said. “We need guys to be vocal sometimes. And he’s willing to step to the plate and be that guy. When you get seasoned vets, they understand what the process is. Guys like he and (safety) Mike Adamsicon-article-link.gif – they fit right in.”

This comment spoke volumes to me. Maybe I'm reading a little too much into it, but that almost sounds like a veiled shot at some of our younger WRs. Given KB's recurring conditioning issues and Funchess' disappearing acts on Sundays, I don't think it would shock anyone if those young men weren't always putting in the effort that the coaches want to see.

Hell, if Shepard does nothing more than be a special teams ace while lighting a fire under KB and Funch, then he's well worth his paycheck.

I don't see it as a shot agains our young WR's. I see it as a compliment to Shepard as well as this being one of the reasons they signed him in the first place. Some guys are just not vocal leaders even if they've played for 10 years.

Either way, this is definitely a good thing. It's not hard to imagine Shepard thriving on this team just like Ginn did and like Philly did when he was healthy.

Archived