• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Strength and Conditioning Standouts Starts With Cam

Hogmolliesmaht

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Strength--conditioning-standouts-start-with-Cam-Newton/a9617fca-5850-4972-abe4-1557b35fdeca

If this doesn't get you pumped for the season, I don't know what will. It looks like Cam has his mojo back, and regardless of what anybody says, he did lose something last year besides a LT. Also, check out the little snippet about Peppers. The man is 16 years in and 50lbs heavier and he's running stride for stride with Kuechly and TD. That man is just unreal.

The comment about Julius and missing games made me curious, so I looked it up. According to pro football reference.com Peppers has played in 227 of 240 possible regular season game, starting 225 of them, and another 17 postseason games, starting all 17. That's 244 of a possible 257 games with 242 of them being starts.

Of the 13 misses, it appears that only 9 were due to injury since 4 of the 13 were his rookie year due to PED suspension. Of those other 9 games, 5 were missed in 2016. That means he missed 4 games in his 13 other seasons, 2 of which were in 2007 and 2 in 2009. It took 5 seasons for him to miss his first game due to (I assume) injury and before last year he had gone 6 seasons without a miss.

Love him or hate him, that's some incredible durability.

1 minute ago, KSpan said:

the comment about Julius and missing games made me curious, so I looked it up. According to pro football reference.com Peppers has played in 227 of 240 possible regular season game, starting 225 of them, and another 17 postseason games, starting all 17. That's 244 of a possible 257 games with 242 of them being starts.

Of the 13 misses, it appears that only 9 were due to injury since 4 of the 13 were his rookie year due to PED suspension. Of those other 9 games, 5 were missed in 2016. That means he missed 4 games in his 13 other seasons, 2 of which were in 2007 and 2 in 2009. It took 5 seasons for him to miss his first game due to (I assume) injury and before last year he had gone 6 seasons without a miss.

Love him or hate him, that's some incredible durability.

what about 2007 when he refused to do anything on the field

5 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

what about 2007 when he refused to do anything on the field

Fair. I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt for whatever was going on that year but it's possible he was just pouting after being called out by JR.

3 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Fair. I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt for whatever was going on that year but it's possible he was just pouting

Did it ever come out that he had mono?  For some reason that's sticking in my head, but it's been a long time.

3 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Did it ever come out that he had mono?  For some reason that's sticking in my head, but it's been a long time.

No, but I remember the same rumors of illness and mono was tossed out a number of times. His wiki page (whatever credibility you want to give it) mentions an illness before the 2007 season but nothing definitive.

I really thought there would be more excitement over this little bit of news. I'm 50 years old and I'm pumped up about how Cam is approaching his rehab. I just have this feeling that this team will be even better than the 2015 team because there is the same buzz and the talent is better on both sides of the ball, IMO. Plus, they have been there now so they know how to handle it better.

3 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

how the fug does cam wear hoodies and all that other stuff while he's working out? I'd die of heat exhaustion 

I wear hoodies, thermals and beanies when I workout. Even in the summer. 

Archived