• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are you happy with Gettleman being fired? (A poll)

Hotsauce

Are you happy Gettleman was fired? (A Poll)  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy Gettleman was fired? (A poll).

• Yes I am happy
    • No, I'm pissed
    • I'm still in shock and don't know how to feel about it

We are still floundering in the dark without any real information as to why.  I listened to WFNZ today and everyone was attributing motives to Gettleman and Richardson that they couldn't possibly know. Players favor the firing because their friends were cut, fans realize the tough decisions Gettleman had to make in looking to the future and many of us admire him for that.  The unexpected result of this news blackout  is that people are starting to turn on TD and Olsen making them the villains in all of this. Unless Richardson releases some news of some kind soon I believe that things are going to get even more divisive. I personally admired Gettleman and hope that whoever the new GM is (please NOT Hurney) that they are not emasculated to the point where the players are calling the shots with Jerry's rubber stamp.

3 hours ago, Hotsauce said:

It seems like the Fanbase is pretty split between being happy and being very angry that are GM was fired.  I'm curious to see the numbers...

Also, the Falcons blew a 25 point lead in the Super Bowl. 

Almost 150 votes in and it doesn't seem too split.

Just now, Hogmolliesmaht said:

Judging from the poll, it concerns a lot more than just me. Why are you happy about this anyway? Are you a Hurney fan or do you just hate winning?

neither...don't like gman, we can certainly win without him...his screw ups canceled out his successes...so we are pretty much even...

5 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

neither...don't like gman, we can certainly win without him...his screw ups canceled out his successes...so we are pretty much even...

You're crazy. Gentleman did a fantastic job of setting this team up for long term success. This might not affect his season, but the future does not look very bright to most of us. At any rate, Marty Hurney is a huge downgrade.

1 minute ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

You're crazy. Gentleman did a fantastic job of setting this team up for long term success. This might not affect his season, but the future does not look very bright to most of us. At any rate, Marty Hurney is a huge downgrade.

Hurney was fine except for his overpaying... that was his downfall... as an interim he would be fine...obviously I disagree about the long term success...

5 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

Hurney was fine except for his overpaying... that was his downfall... as an interim he would be fine...obviously I disagree about the long term success...

Now I know you don't know what you're talking about because Hurney was a horrible drafter too. Go look at the list of 2-7th round picks by Hurney and then try to argue that Hurney was fine.

5 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

Now I know you don't know what you're talking about because Hurney was a horrible drafter too. Go look at the list of 2-7th round picks by Hurney and then try to argue that Hurney was fine.

The core of our team was drafted by Hurney...

Archived