• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is your outlook?

iamhubby1

What is harshing your mellow?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Go ahead. Get is off your chest. You'll feel better. Probaby.

• 2 Kickers (For @Nails and his ilk.)
    • Worley, hell, that whole back end (Except Bradberry, and maybe Coleman, or Adams on a good day.)
    • Not enough pressure from the DE
    • Cam not being 100%
    • Rivera
    • Rivera, hell, everbody but Wilks.
    • All of the above
    • We may have some minor flaws, but man...we gon be good
    • Other

Me? I see a team that is capable of being very, very good. We have talent all over the field. But most importantly? We have a happy, excited, and extremely motivated Cam. And that my friends, is a recipe for disaster for the rest of the NFL. This is defiantly the best team Cam has been surrounded with. SuperB owl Baby!

And GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, rayzor said:

i almost put the two  kicker thing, because that is really annoying. the upside is that if that is our major issue, then we've got it good.

i just hope rivera and shula are aggressive from the start.

Let me make a point. Atlanta was aggressive all last year. They rode it hard. They rode it to a 25-3 lead half way through the 3rd quarter in the SuperB owl. They stayed aggressive and lost.

My point? Was it the aggression that lost them that game? Or was it lack of execution in crunch time? Aggression got them there. But poor execution robbed them.

I say that because I truly believe if Cam ever gets back to the Big Game, he is defiantly not going to let it get away from him again. But aggression is the way to go. You stomp on someone, then you step over them as you walk away. And I truly believe this team has the capability to do just that.

tl/dr version: I just happen to believe that Wilks is a more aggressive minded coach. And with the talent he has at his disposal? This could very well be an epic year. Maybe not 15-1 epic. But epic none the less.

Because? Cam is back baby! With weapons baby!

9 minutes ago, Steve_Smith_Sr. said:

A lot depends on tomorrow.  If we lose it could be devastating to the confidence of this team.  If we win... look the F out!

Go Panthers!!

Now see, that's the root of the problem up in here. You very well could have said. "A lot depend on tomorrow. If we win look the f out. But man, if we lose?"

See how much better that looks.

38 minutes ago, ItsPantone278 said:

Let's be real.  This group of veteran players who've been around, been on good and bad teams, all-pros pro bowls super bowls, wouldn't have their confidence shaken after 1 week.

You would think so wouldn't you? But let's be honest here. Let's say we lost the SuperB owl. Then last year came back and just smacked the Broncs? Can you honestly say that last year would have been the same?

Personally, I am more disappointed in that second loss, than the first one. Because I truly believe that if we had beaten the Broncs, we would have gone on to have a very successful year. We may not have beaten out atl., but we very well could have been in the hunt.

Nothing breeds confidence like spanking your mortal enemy. If we win game 1 last year, who knows?

Yes - there are some weaknesses but this is a really talented team that has seen tremendous highs and some pretty bad lows. Almost every one of our key guys has been doubted at some point, whether it's "Cam's a sore loser who is inaccurate", or "KB is fat", or "Luke won't ever be healthy again" - you get the point.

If there's one thing that's been consistent about the Panthers for as long as I can remember it's that we are at our best when everyone is doubting us. I love the fact that we're underdogs again this year and everyone thinks Atlanta and Tampa are the new class of the NFC South. It's gonna be that much sweeter when we're standing on top again.

I should have said "other" because I actually have more concerns than just Worley and Adams. 

First of all, I am optimistic, but won't know what to expect until it happens. That's just part of the reality of opening day as a Panthers fan, and all my worries are kind of tied up into that fact.

Yes, I am worried about Worley and Adams. What happened against mainly young players in Nashville took some glow off. I mean, we have to face some pretty good offenses and receivers. As far as our part on offense, we have a few weapons (two of which I got for fantasy, in KB and Samuel), but if Cam is being dinged up---mainly from his blind side---that's a big problem. Matt Kalil is a question mark that hopefully turns into an exclamation point. My other question marks are in the receiving corps. Presently, KB is the closest thing to an exclamation point that we have. I think he's a solid period that will earn his bold stripe this year, but, the rest, I just don't know. 

Like I said, I'm optimistic, but not all goo goo ga ga because it's opening day. I suspect, but will believe everything's gonna work when I see it in action. Soundly and definitively beating San Fran today will definitely start easing my mind.

Archived