• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looking at our offensive woes from a different angle...

Rags

The two defenses we've played against have let up a combined 3 TDs. 2 of them are from us. Yes, the Jets and Seahawks both have problems, but it's still impressive to hold two teams to 0-1 TDs throughout 4 quarters.

Our O-Line held up very well against the 49ers. Yes, the Seahawks O-Line sucks, but, there was a time our O-Line looked that woeful, against D-Lines with less talent. Maybe yesterday was the exception and not the rule, as McDs defenses are blitz heavy. We were without our starting C, the most important position on the line in terms of consistency.

Much ado was made about Cam's accuracy, but his final stats were 20/32, which is good still. KB doesn't get rocked and he's able to hit CMC, no one's talking about this. Saints defense is much softer, and this should be the best chance for Cam and CMC to get more on the same page in live game action. On top of that, both KB and Funchal were heavily involved, and we tried to get Samuel in on it too. 

Now there's a chance none of this means poo, but the 49ers and Bills both have legit defenses, and both teams are the laughing stocks they were a couple of years back. I think we should hold off on the Panic button just a tad, and see how we look against the Saints, we still look woeful then we panic.

The Panthers need to handle their business and if they do, what the other teams are just won't matter 

The frustration with this coaching staff is doing the same things incorrectly over and over and over again for years

How hard is it to get to the line with at least 15 seconds on the clock?

i would suspect in the pantheon of difficulty in the NFL, it can't be that hard and yet, year after year after year under Rivera this happens. 

I was at the game yesterday, and it was unsettling how late either the calls were getting in and/or how late the Panthers were getting to the line.  Hard to change the play when you get to the line with under 7 seconds left.  I know the offense is supposedly "evolved/different/inept," but that shouldn't happen on a veteran team like this.  And especially at home.

12 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

The frustration with this coaching staff is doing the same things incorrectly over and over and over again for years

How hard is it to get to the line with at least 15 seconds on the clock?

Oh no, don't get me wrong, coaching and playcalling have always been an issue, this isn't a Shula excuse thread, his play calling is in excusable and makes things harder for our entire offense.

However, I've seen some people act like we won't be able to score on anyone ever, some people are expecting us to make the Saints look good. I just want some of this doom and gloom to die.

Cam just needs to build some continuity that he wasn't able to in the offseason, or training camp, or preseason.

The main concern should first and foremost be getting adequate protection along our OL. That play where Cam got hurt while our tackles were on skates is a prime example of this franchises ineptitude at protecting him. We're almost 7 years into the Cam era. We shouldn't still be seeing this poo, especially not after the guy is returning from shoulder surgery. It's unacceptable.

Archived