• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So, I'm late to the party... The Leftovers

Bronn

So yeah, I've always wanted to catch up on this show, and just recently, I've done just that.

I've got one more episode to go to complete the series, but wow, what a ride!

This is easily up there with GoT and Breaking Bad for my favorite show all time.

If you haven't watched it, do. If I had to sum it up, it is like Fight Club meets Stephen King, with a little bit of TWD in there.

1 hour ago, Dex said:

I've been meaning to try it out.

It's so good. I only started it like last week. I would have been done right now if I wasn't old and could get through more than a couple episodes a night after we put the kids to bed.

Just now, Still Brooklyn said:

First season - bad

Second season - best season of television ... ever

Third season - pretty good

With only one episode to go, I can agree that 2 and 3 are my favorite. First season isn't that bad to me, but I can see why people think that. Season 2 and season 1 are kind of night/day.

WATChed most of season 1, heard the creators had no intention of revealing what happened and I immediately dropped it.

i don’t need a good answer at all and yes I love a show about characters but not answering was unforgivable for me.

31 minutes ago, BigBoss said:

WATChed most of season 1, heard the creators had no intention of revealing what happened and I immediately dropped it.

i don’t need a good answer at all and yes I love a show about characters but not answering was unforgivable for me.

Season 1 follows the book. Season 2 and 3 are 100% new story made by the writers (the first season covered the entire book). And "what happened" doesn't matter at ALL in the confines of the plot.

If I had to guess what happened...

Some kind of wormhole opened up and pulled either the Leftovers or the departed (most likely the departed) into another parallel/copied universe.

I think it is kind of implied that when Nora went to the other side, everything was basically the same as it was on her original reality. She had to find that physicist to rebuild the machine to send her back, but she, IIRC, said something about things being a bit overgrown and way underpopulated, but that is because there were way less people in this reality.

One could also argue that even the known reality was just a part of the experience of perception to each of the individuals.

When Kevin died each time, he too was just going to another reality that some people move onto when they die. He just had the uncanny ability to be revived into his known reality afterward.

11 hours ago, Bronn said:

If I had to guess what happened...

Some kind of wormhole opened up and pulled either the Leftovers or the departed (most likely the departed) into another parallel/copied universe.

I think it is kind of implied that when Nora went to the other side, everything was basically the same as it was on her original reality. She had to find that physicist to rebuild the machine to send her back, but she, IIRC, said something about things being a bit overgrown and way underpopulated, but that is because there were way less people in this reality.

One could also argue that even the known reality was just a part of the experience of perception to each of the individuals.

When Kevin died each time, he too was just going to another reality that some people move onto when they die. He just had the uncanny ability to be revived into his known reality afterward.

I think Nora completely lied about that.    It didn't matter to Kevin, one way or the other, he was just happy to be back with her.    It's all about human connection, so it didn't matter WHAT happened at the end.   The show, in that same episode, kind of hinted at how Nora lies.     Kevin still doesn't care.

I'll say it again, I love character stories with great acting.... but with something this big, I just want an answer. Doesn't need to be good, can be utterly stupid and I'll live with it. Literally if they told the entire story how they wanted and the last 10 seconds of the show was some guy showing up and explaining it, that we suffice. I don't care for "your imagination is better than what probably happened" crap, give me an answer and I'll follow the rest of your beautifully woven story.

Archived