• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Clutchiest Clutch Catcher

PantherBrew

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/kelvin-benjamin-is-the-nfls-clutchest-receiver/ 

It is our very own KB.  At first I was like WTF, but when you read the reasoning it is very interesting.  Here a blerb:

According to TruMedia, Benjamin’s been thrown to on 30.6 percent of the fourth-quarter routes he’s run. That’s tops in the NFL over the course of his career. Factor in his league-leading touchdowns-per-route average (0.034) and eighth-best yards-per-catch average (16.3), and Benjamin produces more offense every time he goes out for a late-game pass than anyone else on the planet.

Benjamin becomes elite when the fourth quarter begins

Top 10 receivers in average yards gained per route run in the fourth quarter, 2014-17

PLAYER TEAM AVG. YARDS/ ROUTES RUN TARGET/ ROUTE RATE AVG. YARDS/REC
Kelvin Benjamin CAR 3.2 30.6% 16.3
Antonio Brown PIT 2.9 29.1 14.2
Odell Beckham NYG 2.9 27.3 15.9
Jordy Nelson GB 2.6 23.6 15.2
Julio Jones ATL 2.6 28.9 15.3
DeAndre Hopkins HOU 2.5 28.4 14.8
A.J. Green CIN 2.2 23.8 17.6
Julian Edelman NE 2.1 24.1 13.0
Jeremy Maclin BAL 2.1 23.5 12.7
Emmanuel Sanders DEN 2.1 22.4 15.9

SOURCE: ESPN TRUMEDIA

30 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

Good info.

Thrilled to see KB playing like the WR we'd all hoped he could be for the Panthers.  Given our 4th quarter struggles, we need guys who make the 4th Q their specialty to ball out.

Go KB go!  Hope he has a monster game tonight.

I know you are just trying to be nice, but, no way we ALL thought he was going to  ball out. You know perfectly well, there are still plenty of folks who are still waiting for him to...this, that, or whatever.

50 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Why? I mean, why? I know you love to be all condescending. But, couldn't you at least have waited until someone said something stupid first?

So we’ll just ignore all the ignorant things people have been saying about him since coming back from his surgery?

3 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

So we’ll just ignore all the ignorant things people have been saying about him since coming back from his surgery?

Oh no, not you. Listen. I don't care about other threads. This thread had not turned stupid as of yet. There was no earthly reason to come into this thread and say "Ooh, ooh, where the haterz be?". Before anyone came out and said anything "Ignorant". 

Unless, you have an ulterior motive. Kinda like how some folks always do.

But hey, Huddle on.

1 hour ago, iamhubby1 said:

Why? I mean, why? I know you love to be all condescending. But, couldn't you at least have waited until someone said something stupid first?

I would have to think the sea of ignorant posts about him being fat and lazy that were littered here all offseason would qualify as someone saying something stupid. I even interacted with fans who said they were essentially rooting for him to fail.

Anyway. Can you do me a favor and just stop quoting me? TIA.

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

I would have to think the sea of ignorant posts about him being fat and lazy that were littered here all offseason would qualify as someone saying something stupid. I even interacted with fans who said they were essentially rooting for him to fail.

Anyway. Can you do me a favor and just stop quoting me? TIA.

We are not talking about the past. We are talking about today, and this thread. You jumped in being all @TheRed. You high jacked a KB thread, to call out something that hadn't happened yet.

I tell you what. Quit be a condescending butt head. And I will quit quoting you. As long as you act like my brother in law, whom I hate. I will continue to quote you to no end.

Archived