• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Good, The Bad and Reality

Admiral Ackbar

My 2 cents.... 

The Good

• Our defense stifled the bears, bills and 49ers, and kept Brady and Stafford at bay at their house. 
  • We are only 1/2 a game back in the division and are equally within arms reach of a wildcard spot. 
  • We control our destiny (have 5 of our 6 division games left on the schedule)Have the Jets and then 3 teams potentially without their starting QB set to face us at home.  (Dolphins, Vikings, Packers)
  • The most important thing, we have Cam Newton. Yes he is inconsistent, but we know he’s the best player in the league when he’s on and that’s enough to carry us to the playoffs.  

The Bad

• The coaching IS the problem, not one of many problems. Name a team in the last decade with a MVP on one side of the ball and DPOY (when he’s not concussed) on the other who is more inconsistent and more unsuccessful than the Panthers. I’ll wait. Rivera and his staff are squandering supreme corner stone talent. 
  • Even if Shula is fired the offense won’t get better. It takes a whole offseason to install a new offense, not a week or two.  
  • Cam is our best runner, again. Not good. Kalil can’t be counted on to return with what seems to be some neurological problem and our run blocking has vanished. 
  • CMC is misused and can’t seem to find his stride in this offense. (See Shula)
  • We can’t stop turning the ball over and can’t get turnovers on defense. 

Reality 

• As fans we can’t do poo about everything mentioned above. So why not just grab a cold brew and hang on for the roller coaster ride that this will inevitably be.

28–3

-Admiral out

P.S. 

ITS A TRAP!

14 minutes ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

if you guys want something to smile about, go visit the Falcons message board right now. 

talking about firing their entire coaching staff. about how the 2016 falcons were frauds. touching on how they should tank the rest of the season!

epic meltdown mode. some of the content is great. 

Haven't been to the Falcons board, but having lived and worked in Tampa, Seattle, San Diego and New Orleans, I can tell you that when an offense struggles, IT IS ALWAYS THE OC'S FAULT. And when a team struggles, it is ALWAYS THE COACHES' FAULT.

The overreaction among fans is actually kind of funny.

It is pretty hard to pin the 3 turnovers today on the coaching staff (unless you are completely delusional).

And, since 2002, teams that finish a game minus 3 in turnover differential lose the game 90.7% of the time.

I would wager a large sum of money, that since 2002, not a single team has EVER won a game while minus 3 in turnover differential while having two of those turnovers returned for touchdowns. And that is not hyperbole,  

Archived