• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Takeaways: Bucks

bLACKpANTHER

Positives:
Rebounding - It's nice when one player grabs 22 boards for your team. Howard has been amazing on the glass. We have out-rebounded our opponents by 25 for the season so far. Lamb chipped in with 9 as well.

Lamb - now he wasn't super efficient (5-17 FGs) but he was very effective dropping midrange jumpers and slashing. He will make it a tough decision when MKG comes back who should start at the SF position.

Frank - He's making me very comfortable. That move he put on his Tetelovic was crazy - Lamacus Alridge-esque..

Negatives:
Free Throws - It hurts your percentage when one player goes 0-9 from the charity stripe. But Marvin went 1-3 and Graham went 0-2. We shot UNDER 60% from the FT line - that can not continue. I knew Dwight was garbage at the line but even if he goes 3-9, it would have been huge down the stretch.

Marvin - huh boy... Down 2pts with a 1:02 left in the game and Marvin gets a Wide Open look at a 3 ball from the elbow.. Clank! They come back down and Middleton hits a 3pt shot with 45 left in the game to go up 5pts. If he had made that shot - I wouldn't have cared about 3-10 FGs made or the lack of a single rebound. Or the fact he could not finish around the rim at all. But it just so happened he missed and now those things that could have been over looked - now become red flags in my book.

Turnovers Again - Not as big a deal as the past 2 games - but in the beginning of the game - we tried 3 straight possessions to force it down into Dwight and the entry pass was stollen 3 Straight Times.. c'mon man..

3pt Shooting Again - Kemba 1-6, Lamb 1-5, Bacon 0-3, Monk 0-3.. need I say more?

Bench Again - I crushed O-Bryant before and said he isn't an NBA player.. I was wrong. He can give you a few minutes off the bench. But when we get everyone back - he might see only 5 mins if anything. The rest (aside from Frank) are just warm bodies out there running around. 

Overall:
When we were up in the 2nd qtr - Cliff ran with the bench about 5 minutes too long.. You could see no one outside of Frank was able to do anything. The rest of the night their defense was collapsing on Kemba, Frank and Lamb and they Definitely made it a point to never let the entry pass get down to Dwight. The Bucks are good, but they aren't that good. Our team has half it's members in the ICU and we have a rag-tag unit running out there right now where 2 rookies are contributing Major minutes.

It looks like MKG will be ready to go next game - but Batum better be ready when he comes back. I have no idea how MCW will look with the team - but he has to be better than Monk running the PG position off the bench.

But to be honest - at the end of the game - I'm still in a positive mood. If we lost to this team at full strength I would be upset. I just don't know how many more times I can use the injury bug excuse to help me get over a loss we should have won.

2 hours ago, SOJA said:

I thought we played pretty good considering we're missing Zeller, Batum and MKG

agreed, but moral victories get tired after a while.. Bobcats had countless moral victories against superior teams.. eventually you want to just friggin Win..

Can't wait til Batum gets back - he will be huge for us and specifically Dwight..

18 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

agreed, but moral victories get tired after a while.. Bobcats had countless moral victories against superior teams.. eventually you want to just friggin Win..

Can't wait til Batum gets back - he will be huge for us and specifically Dwight..

I think it will help Monk too, he won't have to be the primary ballhandler with the reserves 

Archived