• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seriously, this is a poor job

House

Its been said before but I just can't help myself. This coaching staff is completley incompitent. There is so much disfunction on the coaching side of the ball, especially offensively.

There is no fluidity in the playcalling, there is just randomly called stupidity. I am really starting to believe that Davidson is not cut out for this job. It also looks like the O has just flat given up on him. I have already seen Delhomme yelling at JD on the sidelines multiple times today. He seems to be very upset with his decisions, it seems as if everyone has no faith at all that anything they are going to run is going to work.

Defensively is not much better. We have a boatload of talent on that side of the ball and that is probably the only reason we look half ass out there instead of complete ass. There is no gap control, there is no discipline, it is just plain silly. No one seems to know what the hell is going on. Tackling is a forgotten art form with this team.

I know that all of this falls on Fox. I think that he CAN be a great coach, but for whatever reason this team has FAIL writtten all over it. Its a shame that we are wasting the talent that we have on both sides of the ball.

Whether we win this game or not there are some wholesale changes that need to be made on this team. Who knows though, winning could cure everything but I doubt it. This team just flat out looks like they are lost all the way around.

They did play pretty well but there is so much room for improvement it is a little disconcerting. There are a lot of holes in the fundementals and in the way the schemes are ran. With the talent that we have we should be a lot better. They did look a little better in the second half.

Don't want to sound like someone just looking for a reason to bitch, I am very happy the team walked away with a W today. It was a sloppy W though and if we want them to get more of them then the coaches need to step up and start doing a consistently better job.

The only problem I had with the coaches today, is that they took too damn long to get the plays in and wasted some time outs in the first half, and it pissed me off when they faked going for it on 4th and inches. Other than that, I thought they did a pretty good job. Hell, that bootleg to Jake for the last 1st down was the best play call Davidson has ever made.

Its been said before but I just can't help myself. This coaching staff is completley incompitent. There is so much disfunction on the coaching side of the ball, especially offensively.

There is no fluidity in the playcalling, there is just randomly called stupidity. I am really starting to believe that Davidson is not cut out for this job. It also looks like the O has just flat given up on him. I have already seen Delhomme yelling at JD on the sidelines multiple times today. He seems to be very upset with his decisions, it seems as if everyone has no faith at all that anything they are going to run is going to work.

Defensively is not much better. We have a boatload of talent on that side of the ball and that is probably the only reason we look half ass out there instead of complete ass. There is no gap control, there is no discipline, it is just plain silly. No one seems to know what the hell is going on. Tackling is a forgotten art form with this team.

I know that all of this falls on Fox. I think that he CAN be a great coach, but for whatever reason this team has FAIL writtten all over it. Its a shame that we are wasting the talent that we have on both sides of the ball.

Whether we win this game or not there are some wholesale changes that need to be made on this team. Who knows though, winning could cure everything but I doubt it. This team just flat out looks like they are lost all the way around.

are you kidding me? The defense at least showed up today..

I do agree with you on the playcalling. Now, neither you or I have any idea what Jake was talking about with Jeff Davidson, so I'll just ignore your "inside info" on that one, but I have to say it wasn't the plays being called so much as the time at which they were being called that was driving me up a wall..

Coaching was abysmal, and Pep was in Atlanta/Dallas form. Nothing changed from before the bye, not drastically, anyway.

Not sure I agree with the Dallas reference.. He was unseen in that game. But you're right, in game 1 and this one he did show up. I would love to see him more dominating, but I'll take what I can get at this point...

If by "showing up" you mean he got beat by single teams all day and pretended to share a safety with Thomas Davis, sure.

Thats funny....but Pep actually blew up the end on that play causing Portis to hesitate while Davis got the Safety.

How about Everette Brown's motor?? He flushed out Campbell a few times and hustled on that line.

If by "showing up" you mean he got beat by single teams all day and pretended to share a safety with Thomas Davis, sure.

That safety was a great play by Peppers. I haven't been happy with the man either, but you have to give him credit for playing hard today.

I will say this though...Peppers owes his first sack today to Damoine Lewis, because he got quick pressure up the middle and flushed Campbell out to where Peppers could clean it up. That's one of the main things this defense has been missing and I think Hollis Thomas had a lot to do with it, because he allowed Lewis to work one on one.

Honestly, I was kind of happy with Davidson's play calling today, aside from the things I pointed out above. I know its' not sexy to stick with the running game when it's not getting big chunks of yardage, but I think it was critical for them stick with it until they broke a couple, which is exactly what happened. People can bitch about Delhomme all they want, but this offense is built around the running game, not the QB, no matter who it is.

Archived