• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seriously, this is a poor job

House

Honestly, I was kind of happy with Davidson's play calling today, aside from the things I pointed out above. I know its' not sexy to stick with the running game when it's not getting big chunks of yardage, but I think it was critical for them stick with it until they broke a couple, which is exactly what happened. People can bitch about Delhomme all they want, but this offense is built around the running game, not the QB, no matter who it is.

I'm glad he stuck with the run.. you have to at this point. So far this season, he hasn't been and today we all noticed he did. My thing was when some plays were called.. On 3rd and goal, we should have pitched the ball outside. Granted that would have been an audible from Jake, but we had a great opportunity to take what the defense would have given us there.. 4 plays up the middle had me pulling out my hair. And the wildcat... come on. There are times to run it, but not when we can't run the ball at all. Throw a slant instead, hell throw a screen. These are plays we never see, for some odd reason.

"completley incompitent"

Speaking of FAIL.

;-)

I just love how everyone gives Davidson crap for not running the ball more when Jake is throwing interceptions, then when we do try to stick to our strengths (running), they jump all over him for that.

I don't agree with all the playcalling either. But I'm sure if I was a Pat's fan, I wouldn't agree with every call either. I liked sticking to the run on that 1st and goal, although I would have rather them at least taken one of those shots with DeAngelo trying to get to the edge.

I thought our D played much better. I'd give the offensive line a poor grade. They were pretty bad in run blocking and pass blocking.

If by "showing up" you mean he got beat by single teams all day and pretended to share a safety with Thomas Davis, sure.

no, actually, by "showing up" Im referring to being the sole reason that play ended up as a safety. Now, maybe your blind hate might make sense in your mind, but I prefer to discuss what actually occurred on game day. It's ashame more of you can't do the same.

"completley incompitent"

Speaking of FAIL.

;-)

I just love how everyone gives Davidson crap for not running the ball more when Jake is throwing interceptions, then when we do try to stick to our strengths (running), they jump all over him for that.

I don't agree with all the playcalling either. But I'm sure if I was a Pat's fan, I wouldn't agree with every call either. I liked sticking to the run on that 1st and goal, although I would have rather them at least taken one of those shots with DeAngelo trying to get to the edge.

I thought our D played much better. I'd give the offensive line a poor grade. They were pretty bad in run blocking and pass blocking.

well when both RBs are avg over 4 yards a pop and you abandon them.....that is a head scratcher. When you RB is being held to under 2 yards a pop and you stay committed.....that leaves some questions to be answered. Davidson has shown no ability to adapt a gameplan based on what is working and what isn't....people have every right to complain about that.

"completley incompitent"

Speaking of FAIL.

;-)

I agree with you about Davidson getting crap when he goes with the pass more than the run, and now when he goes with the run more than the pass. It seems the only way he could win is if every plays is a success, because then there would be nothing to second guess.

I understand why he stuck with the run against the Skins even though they were only averaging a couple yards a carry, because sooner or later some big runs will probably open up and that average will go up as well as the offense will open up, including the passing game. That probability didn't quite happen against the Skins being that the longest run was for 12 yards by Stewart, but by sticking with the run it was starting to open up more and more and played a vital role with the win. Considering that half of the Panther's rushing yards came in their last 2 possesions, I'd say sticking to the run was starting to payoff, especially when Stewart ran for a TD. Who knows what may have happened if they were to go away from the run like some fans wanted.

Archived