• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Giants Have The Pieces In Place To Name Steve Wilks Their Head Coach Today

bobsfoodbasics

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Peter King is saying the Giants are likely to hire Matt Patricia.

Colts are being heavily linked to Josh McDaniels.

Arizona was said to be high on Wilks.

We'll see.

Arians suggestion to Cards brass was to retain and elevate DC James Bettcher to HC. Wonder how much weight the Cards give to Arians opinion. Sounds like there's a decent chance Wilks may be staying put...

6 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Arians suggestion to Cards brass was to retain and elevate DC James Bettcher to HC. Wonder how much weight the Cards give to Arians opinion. Sounds like there's a decent chance Wilks may be staying put...

Colts and Lions will still be options.

Colts want McDaniels but he may not want to leave NE.

Lions reportedly wanted Patricia but looks like they won't get him.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Colts and Lions will still be options.

Colts want McDaniels but he may not want to leave NE.

Lions reportedly wanted Patricia but looks like they won't get him.

I think Colts are likely to go after an offensive coach even if McDaniels doesn't take the job there. I still think a chance to work with Luck is going to prove too enticing for McDaniels to ultimately pass up though.

Per Peter King, sounds like Texans DC Mike Vrabel would be the Lions choice if Patricia goes to the Giants. I don't believe the Lions have an interview with Wilks set up (not to say it can't be set up in the future).

2 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

I think Colts are likely to go after an offensive coach even if McDaniels doesn't take the job there. I still think a chance to work with Luck is going to prove too enticing for McDaniels to ultimately pass up though.

Per Peter King, sounds like Texans DC Mike Vrabel would be the Lions choice if Patricia goes to the Giants. I don't believe the Lions have an interview with Wilks set up (not to say it can't be set up in the future).

They talked about it but I don't know if they set one up.

I'll be honest, I don't understand why he's a HC candidate. At least based on the defense's performance this year. Despite a very talented and experienced front seven, we gave up a lot of big runs and were really one of the worst defenses in the league the second half of the year. Granted, I don't know how much autonomy he's given considering Rivera is a defensive guy himself, but you have to figure that the increased blitzing was at least partly due to him. 

3 minutes ago, FugAllY'all said:

I'll be honest, I don't understand why he's a HC candidate. At least based on the defense's performance this year. Despite a very talented and experienced front seven, we gave up a lot of big runs and were really one of the worst defenses in the league the second half of the year. Granted, I don't know how much autonomy he's given considering Rivera is a defensive guy himself, but you have to figure that the increased blitzing was at least partly due to him. 

His personality is probably a lot of the reason.

When you listen to him talk, he reminds you a lot of Tony Dungy.

Archived