• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

32 Games Left

PantherKing1983

Ok with 34 games remaining I have came up with some numbers I believe to be realistic situations for the two directions of the franchise.

First number on the board is 12. To have a shot at making the playoffs at even the 8th seed its going to take being 2-4 games over .500 if we lose 12 more games this season that will put us at 4 games over .500 with a record of 42-40 which still has a shot but we really need to be shooting for the 10 number to have a chance. 

The second number to look at is going to be 5. Thats the number of games to win its going to take to get a shot at a top 5 pick in this draft minus the luck of the draw in the lottery. 

As bad as this team is even if we trade away Kemba and what else we are looking at winning more than 5 games and putting us in the 7-10 range in the draft minus the luck factor but face it based on the history of this franchise in the draft lottery its not happening. We are stuck hoping to go 22-12 to 24-10 over the next 34 games which probably wont happen as these idiots both coaching and players are just to inept as proven by the past 6 or 7 games to go out and win ball games. We will probably finish out 17-17 these final games 37-45 good for the 13th pick in the draft where we have no chance of landing anyone to add anything to this team due to coaching not willing to play younger players. 

With 5 games to go before the trade deadline just thought i would write some numbers down as a visual reference like a countdown clock.

12 losses 

5 wins 

Start chipping off of each one and watch our future progress or fade away. 

If we dont tank out and trade everyone away then we have to at least fire the front office and coaching staff and let another group have a go at it next year with our core of shittty contracts is the only thing I can think of at this point. 

12 down to 11 after last night. 4 games til trade deadline Clippers move their best player in a crap deal will we do the same???? It dont help to just move one guy for us we have to move everyone or nothing i bet they cant get anything done to move everyone in a week so we will probably sit below mediocre where were at. 

11 hours ago, PantherKing1983 said:

12 down to 11 after last night. 4 games til trade deadline Clippers move their best player in a crap deal will we do the same???? It dont help to just move one guy for us we have to move everyone or nothing i bet they cant get anything done to move everyone in a week so we will probably sit below mediocre where were at. 

Can't get rid of everyone, Batums contract is well essentially untouchable and the only way to get rid of other players is packaging them with Kemba which will lower the return for him. Only going to move one or two other players besides for Kemba because well he's the only real tradable asset on the team. 

On 1/29/2018 at 1:11 PM, Ornias said:

If we tank, then blow it up. Cliff and the front office have to go. If we get a top 5 pick, Cliff will have them sitting on the bench. Play the rooks more now, trade everyone you can and start over. 

Pretty much this but you can also still tank and not blow it up. I’d like to see this team with a different coach. It just sucks that it has taken this long and it still hasn’t happened.

I along with so many others had high hopes for this season that were pretty much killed by Clifford. He was forced to play the young guys to start the season and we played pretty well. Then guys like MCW got healthy and he glued the young guns on the bench and went back to his old shitty rotations. The Ls just started to pile up and now the season is pretty much over because Clifford is a stubborn ass who try’s to play like it’s 1985. 

I cant put to much into Silas’s time because I don’t think he would go against the head coaches philosophy. There was literally no difference between him and Clifford.

Long story short the coaches and front office need to go regardless of what the team decides to do.

Archived