• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Spagnuolo claims Patriots knew Eagles' signals in Super Bowl XXXIX

Palmetto

Dont know if it was posted already

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/spagnuolo-patriots-knew-eagles-signals-super-bowl-xxxix-article-1.3786912

"Steve Spagnuolo was always suspicious of the Patriots.

Two years before SpyGate came to light, the former Giants defensive coordinator, who was linebackers coach for the Eagles in 2004 when they played the Patriots in the Super Bowl, said that the defensive coaching staff became suspicious that the Patriots knew what was coming before each play."

1 minute ago, KillerKat said:

And those games were so close, they most likely would've lost them if they didn't.

More likely than not. It's sad too because Belichick is legitimately one of the best football minds ever. He could've easily placed himself among the greats without cheating. Tragic "hero" I guess...

2 minutes ago, Palmetto said:

Even if the NFL had evidence they would never release it

The NFL destroyed all the video evidence back in 2008... Without even viewing it all... Complete horsesh*t and the entire deflategate thing was only so big because the league went so easy on extremely serious cheating the first time. Sean Payton was suspended a year for the bountygate stuff; Belichick should've been suspended at least two, because as far as integrity of the game goes the Pats' cheating was at least twice as bad as the bountygate stuff.

That's three for three now. ESPN reported on this years ago. There were handwritten diagrams of the Steelers 2002 signals in the 2002 AFC Championship. Coincidentally, the Patriots beat them by seven points. It even goes into detail on the Eagles claims - somehow, the Pats knew exactly what to do when the Eagles broke out their rarely-used dime defense, which they planned specifically for that game to stop Brady.

Marshall Faulk said the Patriots knew their signals. Our entire organization, including Hurney, was convinced the Patriots stole signals; once we changed out plan to something they didn't know, their defense couldn't do anything to stop us. Hines Ward says the Pats knew their signals in 2002. And now Spagnuolo says they knew signals, and the Giants win over them in 2007 was in part because he came in prepared for it.

These aren't nobodies making these claims. It's a Hall of Famer, a general manager, and a defensive coordinator. This was an open secret for years. The Patriots stole three Super Bowls. In the process they robbed Kurt Warner of a second title and an arguable dynasty, our 2003 team of one of the greatest underdog stories in sports history, and a great Eagles team having overcome years of playoff faults.

If the NFL acted on this, there wouldn't be just a suspension of Belicheck. This would be grounds to strip the Patriots franchise entirely, or at the very least strip their three titles. That's a massive scandal that puts even things like the Black Sox scandal to shame. Mike Martz said as much - Goodell told him to sign off on the investigation being great because a Congressional investigation would have been bad for the league. Bad is, of course, an understatement.

So instead, they destroyed the evidence and basically gave the Pats a final warning. The Deflategate penalties were so harsh in part because of that.

Of course, I don't think the tapes are truly gone. Nobody makes just one copy of a tape. When one of those types leaks, the Pats will have hell to pay.

Ahhh, change your signals. 

I don’t consider that cheating and I hate the Patriots. 

If the Panthers went to 7 Superbowls and won 5, and people were claiming they won because of signals and deflated footballs everyone here would be defending to their dying breath.

its retarded. Dale Earhart(hated him too, but he was the best)was once asked about another driver who won a lot but not championships— was he a good driver—

the answer was “He’s a great driver, but he doesn’t know how to race”

Belicheck knows how to race. 

2 minutes ago, JARROD said:

If the Panthers went to 7 Superbowls and won 5, and people were claiming they won because of signals and deflated footballs everyone here would be defending to their dying breath.

its retarded. Dale Earhart(hated him too, but he was the best)was once asked about another driver who won a lot but not championships— was he a good driver—

NASCAR allowed and tolerated, and still does, a culture of cheating. That's part of stock car racing. You build the best car and hope you don't get beat.

The NFL is different. No other team was taping like this. No other team has been accused of anything remotely similar. The Saints fans make the same pathetic excuse with Bountygate.

Everyone bends the rules. The Saints and Pats threw the rules in the blender.

7 minutes ago, JARROD said:

All three teams changed their signals in their pre-SB walkthroughs, and also implemented several brand new plays never shown before that the Patriots magically knew what they were before the snap. Players, coaches, front office members from all three teams (and most of whom are proven classy people who wouldn't just be salty about losing) have alluded to that fact. 

I figure somewhere down the road, there'll be a big expose' where either an investigation or a longtime member of the Patriots organization will reveal the full depth of the Patriots cheating.

It'll probably be a long time coming, but I won't be the least bit surprised if it happens.

And if that info does get out, it'll likely be the single biggest scandal in sports history.

7 minutes ago, JARROD said:

You can try to down play it all you want, but knowing another teams signals is HUGE. It's very difficult to just change on the fly. Comparing this to your Earnhardt example is retarded as fug.

Archived