• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lawsuit: Ex-employee claims Texans ignored sexual harassment complaints

Palmetto

1 hour ago, RLT89 said:

Jerry is on his way out he don't give a poo cause what can the NFL really do to him since he will be long gone by the time this all over with.

Oh, it matters to him. It actually matters a great deal to him.

If you read the profiles written on Jerry Richardson since this whole thing started, one of the consistent themes is that he is obsessed with his legacy. He wants to be remembered as a great man. The Panthers were essentially supposed to be a living monument to his memory once he died.

Heck, that's the reason he agreed to sell the team so quickly in the first place. He assumed that by doing so he would avoid further investigation. But the NFL decided not to let him off the hook.

If there's a hint of this becoming a trend, then the NFL is going to want to look like hardasses. And that doesn't mean just on Richardson. The Panthers could also be penalized and even lose draft picks if it's determined that they helped cover this up.

Trust me. It's a very big deal to an increasingly image conscious league.

1 hour ago, RLT89 said:

I don't man they was talking about this on NFL Live on friday and they are thought Jerry was getting off light cause he fixing to sell the team and make billions and will not have to answer to any of this cause he be gone.

The NFL just in the last few days announced they had assigned an independent counsel to investigate Jerry Richardson's misconduct. Specifically, the same investigator that went after the Saints for the bounty program and the Patriots for deflategate. 

She doesn't work for the NFL. She works for a law firm that handles plenty of sexual harassment cases. And I doubt it's an accident that she's female.

You don't hire an outside law firm if you're looking for somebody to be let off easy.

Archived