• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This franchise should be disbanded and its assets auctioned off

Carl Spackler

Looks like the right move to me. Hornets are going nowhere even with Kemba who is not getting younger. As currently constructed this team is going to get another 10th pick and give fans little hope for the future. Something has to be done. I do agree that Cho and Clifford should be shown the door. However, Jordan has to hire a good GM. The team as it is is not impressing fans in a historically enthusiastic basketball market. 

2 minutes ago, OldNorthPowell said:

Looks like the right move to me. Hornets are going nowhere even with Kemba who is not getting younger. As currently constructed this team is going to get another 10th pick and give fans little hope for the future. Something has to be done. I do agree that Cho and Clifford should be shown the door. However, Jordan has to hire a good GM. The team as it is is not impressing fans in a historically enthusiastic basketball market. 

The Nets pick if sent to the Hornets will be the new star of the Greensboro Swarm, destined to average 1.2 ppg in 4 mpg for two seasons in Charlotte before being shipped off for a second-round pick.

Guaranteed.

This franchise will be dead within 72 hours unless Cho's phone is broken.

So 1 deal that works would be:

Cavs get:  Kemba and Batum

Hornets get:  Thompson, Shumpert and Thomas + Nets pick

Sucks I agree, but an extra lottery pick and no Batum contract...at least we get something out of it.

I dont want to take back JR Smith in this deal.  Cavs have to make a move IMO to win now so maybe they do it.

Also, I would think they would draft a PG as I doubt they resign Thomas to a big deal.

In essence giving Batum that contract would cost us Kemba.  Hard pill to swallow there.

5 minutes ago, Shocker said:

So 1 deal that works would be:

Cavs get:  Kemba and Batum

Hornets get:  Thompson, Shumpert and Thomas + Nets pick

Sucks I agree, but an extra lottery pick and no Batum contract...at least we get something out of it.

I dont want to take back JR Smith in this deal.  Cavs have to make a move IMO to win now so maybe they do it.

Also, I would think they would draft a PG as I doubt they resign Thomas to a big deal.

The problem is they will never play any draft pick more than 2 minutes a game unless they're sent down to the Swarm, so this trade really only benefits the Cavs and the Swarm

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

The problem is they will never play any draft pick more than 2 minutes a game unless they're sent down to the Swarm, so this trade really only benefits the Cavs and the Swarm

I know it sucks Cho has put us in a terrible position here.  Not playing the young talent if Kemba leaves would be beyond stupid, but they are beyond stupid.

Just now, Shocker said:

I know it sucks Cho has put us in a terrible position here.

I predict the Hornets trade Kemba, fans revolt, Jordan fires Cho at the end of the season when it's too late to save the franchise. IT is let go, MCW starts at PG next season, the team goes 24-58 and Clifford gets fired. Kemba wins a ring, the Hornets finish last in attendance, 2,000/game less than 29th, they draw the 9th pick in the draft and take another bust to match the two drafted this summer (one of which will already be traded for peanuts by this time next year).

Being a Charlotte NBA fan is like a 12-round boxing match.

We won the first two rounds before George Shinn delivered some heavy blows. It took a lot to recover, but Rich Cho is delivering the KO sometime in the next 64 hours. It won't be an instant death, but one that develops over a few years.

4 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Being a Charlotte NBA fan is like a 12-round boxing match.

We won the first two rounds before George Shinn delivered some heavy blows. It took a lot to recover, but Rich Cho is delivering the KO sometime in the next 64 hours. It won't be an instant death, but one that develops over a few years.

The original Hornets were amazing to watch, such a blast.  WTF happened?  Ugg.

Archived