• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why Panthers won’t go WR

unicar15

29 minutes ago, ericr0319 said:

hes mocking in the 3rd

Mocks at this point mean next to nothing. They get a little better after the combine when the "analysts" actually get a decent chance to get a feel for what the real scouts think about prospects. There are always some prospects that are wildly overrated and others that are completely overlooked prior to the draft.

I mean, let's be honest, how many of us were like

tenor.gif?itemid=9285159

when we drafted Bradberry in the 2nd round?

We have to be careful not to overdraft a WR because it was such an obvious need. Last year I really liked Godwin but we went with a running back to fill the slot. I get the logic that we needed speed and hope that he can prove me wrong in the future. I'm just wondering if anyone else is hoping that we stop drafting physical types and draft an actual receiver?

We've tried the "behemoth who can't separate", the "little guys who are immensely quick but unpolished", the "guys who haven't really played the position or proven they can run the route tree". How about trying a guy who shows he's a great route runner with good hands? James Washington really impressed people in this regard at the senior bowl (He would be great in the 2nd), as did Daesean Hamilton (late 3rd).

I agree that a vet in FA would be good but don't want to break the bank.

Archived