• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Combine Thread

ncfan

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's what a lot of people thought last year too with Fournette. A lot of people thought CMC was a RB/WR tweener. No one thought Kamara or Hunt were special. Kamara and Hunt were the best two rookie RBs.

And they were both 3rd round picks.

Just like this year, last year had quality RBs into the 3rd round.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's what a lot of people thought last year too with Fournette. A lot of people thought CMC was a RB/WR tweener. No one thought Kamara or Hunt were special. Kamara and Hunt were the best two rookie RBs.

Yea the top 5 Rbs in the draft all seem to be pretty good

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

As a whole? No. Lots of mid 4.5s and faster. 

20 RBs 4.5 or faster thus far.

12 RBs 4.6 or slower.

I mean, my impression could be wrong, but that just sounded slower than past years to me.  Maybe because there isn't one real blazer in the group.  The only sub-4.4 so far has been the RB from NC State who weighs in under 200 lbs.

1 minute ago, tiger7_88 said:

20 RBs 4.5 or faster thus far.

12 RBs 4.6 or slower.

I mean, my impression could be wrong, but that just sounded slower than past years to me.  Maybe because there isn't one real blazer in the group.  The only sub-4.4 so far has been the RB from NC State who weighs in under 200 lbs.

I think that's what it is.

Just now, Jon Snow said:

Too many big cookies will do that.  He don't give a fug about the Underwear Olympics.  He's there for the interviews.

Keep an eye on any 4.7 WRs and CBs to the Giants.

I get it that Gettleman values game tape over workouts as he should, but virtually completely ignoring timed speed is a big part of how we ended up with such a lack of speed in our WR corps and secondary.

Archived