• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Combine Thread

ncfan

21 hours ago, ncfan said:

With the combine kicking off, figured would get a thread going.

Chubb already impressing with the bench of 29

2 guys im really interested in seeing this week.

Measurements 

Dalton Schultz- 6'5 3/8, 244

James Washington- 5'11 213 (a tank), arms 32 3/8 (same as Sutton), wingspan 78 2/8 (in comparison 6'5 St Browns is 78 6/8), hands 9 6/8 (same size as St Browns and Suttons)

I am interested in Shultz, not so much Washington.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He wasn't a rookie last year. I agree that our safeties don't help our CBs, but if you can't recognize that Worley has below average speed for an NFL CB then I don't know what to tell you.

Last year the entire defensive approach changed.  Hell even Keuchly looked out of step last year. 

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It takes more than being fast.  Speed can be used against you also.  Instincts and good fundamentals get you further that just plain speed.

IMO Worley is a good tackler but too slow to cover the speedsters one on one

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Last year the entire defensive approach changed.  Hell even Keuchly looked out of step last year. 

Which has nothing to do with the fact that Worley is slow for an NFL CB. He looked slow last year. He looked slow as a rookie. He'll look slow next year. It's because he's slow.

Just now, Mikey815 said:

IMO Worley is a good tackler but too slow to cover the speedsters one on one

Nobody can cover a speedster one on one very long without help over the top.  It only takes a few inches to complete a pass.  I think your expectations are way to high.  

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Nobody can cover a speedster one on one very long without help over the top.  It only takes a few inches to complete a pass.  I think your expectations are way to high.  

Why is hard to admit that Worley is a slow cb?? Teams target him

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Which has nothing to do with the fact that Worley is slow for an NFL CB. He looked slow last year. He looked slow as a rookie. He'll look slow next year. It's because he's slow.

He may look it to you but he is not.  You're basing your whole assumptions on combine numbers.  He's not Ginn fast but which is?   Your idols Norman gets burnt regularly by fast wr's.  It happens.  

Just now, Jon Snow said:

He may look it to you but he is not.  Your basing your whole assumptions on combine numbers.  He's not Ginn fast but which is?   Your idols Norman gets burnt regularly by fast wr's.  It happens.  

My thoughts are based on his workouts and his game play. 

My idol Norman? LOL! I think he's a damn good NFL CB but I used to get on arguments on here all the time saying that Norman is a below average athlete for an NFL CB but his instincts and ball skills more than made up for that.

Usually when people feel the need to start trying to put words in someone else's mouth and start trying to make jabs, it usually means they're losing the argument. Just saying.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

My thoughts are based on his workouts and his game play. 

My idol Norman? LOL! I think he's a damn good NFL CB but I used to get on arguments on here all the time saying that Norman is a below average athlete for an NFL CB but his instincts and ball skills more than made up for that.

Usually when people feel the need to start trying to put words in someone else's mouth and start trying to make jabs, it usually means they're losing the argument. Just saying.

I'm not arguing with you.  You have not presented anything to argue other than you think he is slow.  He's no burner but he certainly isn't slow.  Instincts are learned, some get it sooner than others and some never do.  Being fast doesn't help with instincts.

What is fast anyway?  40 times?  Child please.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Sony Michel 4.58

That's a little disappointing for him, but Mayock is noting that Kamara ran 4.56 at essentially the same size last year.

Definitely did not expect Chubb to be the faster of the two Georgia RBs.

Chubb is the best back for the Panthers, he could actually have a better rookie season than Barkley.

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm not arguing with you.  You have not presented anything to argue other than you think he is slow.  He's no burner but he certainly isn't slow.  Instincts are learned, some get it sooner than others and some never do.  Being fast doesn't help with instincts.

What is fast anyway?  40 times?  Child please.

Fast is the ability to get from point A to point B quickly. Compared to most NFL CBs, Worley is not fast. 4.64 in the 40 demonstrates that pretty well. Watching him try to cover NFL WRs demonstrates that pretty well.

Instincts, by definition, are not learned. They're innate. 

Contrary to your claims sir, YOU are the person here who has not presented anything to substantiate your claims. Your entire argument has been "he's not slow because I say he's not".

Archived