• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CB Handbook - James Bradberry Route Breakdown

Saca312

Well, if you're a football maniac, this CB handbook would be just right for you. In-depth analysis, breakdown, and expectations for every NFL corner going forward for you to enjoy and analyze.

http://draftcentric.weebly.com/2017-18-corner-handbook.html

Anyways, here's how James Bradberry fared against certain types of routes.

DaHxCmhWsAEV1cA.jpg

What does show and pop out is how well James Bradberry is with press coverage. Very promising when going against the big physical receivers of the NFC South. However, it's clear he still has some work cut out ahead of him, but certainly should theoretically help for us not to be predictably blitzing so much. 

Go ahead and voice your thoughts below.

That chart doesn't support he is great at press coverage versus off man or zone coverage. In fact based on the last half of the season he appears better in zone than man. Secondly it doesn't show if he got any help, how many successes were drops versus passes intercepted or deflected.

Didn't read through the whole handbook but from what you posted no pattern is clear. Secondly how does he compare to the average corner in the NFL.

Just saying......

8 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

That chart doesn't support he is great at press coverage versus off man or zone coverage. In fact based on the last half of the season he appears better in zone than man. Secondly it doesn't show if he got any help, how many successes were drops versus passes intercepted or deflected.

Didn't read through the whole handbook but from what you posted no pattern is clear. Secondly how does he compare to the average corner in the NFL.

Just saying......

Same author was a major contributor to the cornerback section of this:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2754252-nfl1000-ranking-the-top-outside-cornerbacks-of-2017-season

26. James Bradberry, Carolina Panthers

Coverage: 16/25
Reaction: 17/25
Recovery: 19/25
Tackling: 12/15
Position Value: 10/10
Overall Grade: 74/100

As one of the biggest cornerbacks in the league, it's fitting that James Bradberry (6'1", 212 lbs) is also one of the best run-stoppers at the position. He's a great fit for the Panthers' zone-heavy approach, as his length and willingness to drop into running lanes helped build a great defense. Where Bradberry struggles is in coverage, though. He's prone to getting lost in his assigned zone, and physically he's not as smooth in man coverage as he needs to be when facing the tough NFC South. He'll need to continue developing his route recognition and balance in order to be a more effective coverage talent.

1 hour ago, Saca312 said:

Same author was a major contributor to the cornerback section of this:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2754252-nfl1000-ranking-the-top-outside-cornerbacks-of-2017-season

Thanks for this. I knew the commentary part already and would agree for the most part. Still it didn't address my previous post. I didn't see that he was better in man than zone and how did his success rate compare to other corners. What you gave me was an overall evaluation about where he stood compared to other corners in this evaluator opinion which again I appreciate and support. But can you answer my comments specifically or not. It is fine to say no I can't or it wasn't mentioned. It isn't a criticism so much as trying to ascertain what it means

Archived