• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lost in Space

cookinwithgas

The plot felt fairly contrived to sub in some stock drama for the first few episodes, but they made up for it on the back end.  I hate that it took as long as it did to come around, but overall, I definitely put it on the plus side of binge series.

I really enjoyed it.  One thing I do hate it is when a show double clutches, because it just breaks the story.  Lots of the Dr. Smith stuff felt like double clutching.  Her making her way on board was interesting, but why did all these smart people fail to realize they were getting scammed?  Sure, they had other problems, but the fact she didn't know what do to, at all is a MAJOR problem.  But I put that aside, and still really enjoyed the series.

I spent one Saturday night from 10-3am (ughhh too old for that crap) binging the F out of the last half of the season.  I can't wait for net season!  

I love the production values.  It all works for me.  

minor spoiler

I am on episode 7 now and it seems a little bit draggy even though it's actually getting though the different plotlines pretty well. I don't understand why the rest of the people on the planet didn't lynch their elected leader when he tried to take off himself, but these are supposed to be really smart logical people not given to mob mentality I guess.

Yes the design and sets are really great on this show. Music is solid. Acting is good overall; love the family dynamics. Still don't really get Don West.

2 hours ago, cookinwithgas said:

Still don't really get Don West.

You'll see at the end.  But he's the consummate survivor.  As you've seen, he will take whatever advantages he can in order to get ahead(his smuggling).  He tries to be nice, but ultimately he looks out for number one.  His type is always on a "stranded" style show.  

You'll also see that he has a larger role later.

Archived