• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Westworld Season 2

Moorgan

Well, we now know we are dealing with multiple Bernard's. The interview with Dolores was her interviewing Bernard from the start. And Dolores is in fact, sentient according to Ford. As far as we know at this point.

Episode entitled "les ecorches" in French meaning, tormented. Had to look it up.

"They broke my head and filled it with howling and sorrow" - Abernathy.

I really, really enjoyed the cold opening of this episode. It certainly perpetuated the things to come. So many moments that got my attention. "What is about to happen will not be your fault". So Bernard does kill everyone and has them disposed into the lake?

I was annoyed somewhat by the human incapacity to defend themselves, especially the security team. And also by Maeves telepathy in regards to being kidnapped. Then I wondered if Ghost Nation is immune to her verbal commands, so one assumes she can’t use the mesh network against them either. The show has gone to great lengths to show us Ghost Nation is different somehow. Since next weeks episode appears to feature them, we may finally get some answers about that.  I don't know.

This episode lost me somewhat.

12 hours ago, Datawire said:

And also by Maeves telepathy in regards to being kidnapped. Then I wondered if Ghost Nation is immune to her verbal commands, so one assumes she can’t use the mesh network against them either. The show has gone to great lengths to show us Ghost Nation is different somehow. Since next weeks episode appears to feature them, we may finally get some answers about that.  I don't know.

This episode lost me somewhat.

Maeve and Lawrence scene showed that Maeve mind control works on non awake hosts.  After first trying on Lawrence and realizing it failed, she said, "I'm glad you're awake".    Maybe Ghost Nation is a group of already awoke hosts.

If you saw the preview for next week at the end of episode, it pretty heavily telegraphs that the Ghost Nation, specifically their leader, are awake. Also, notice did you notice that the Ghost Nation soldiers didn't kill anyone during their 'raid?' The only ones doing any killing were the Delos goons.

Also, I hope Lee gets a chance to redeem himself only to be impaled or beheaded immediately after. He's such a cowardly weasel. 

1 hour ago, PanthersBigD said:

Also, notice did you notice that the Ghost Nation soldiers didn't kill anyone during their 'raid?' The only ones doing any killing were the Delos goons.

I noticed this as well during the season so far. I am thinking it's possible they are there to protect the humans.

34 minutes ago, Wyank said:

I don't understand if they are awake, why protect the humans?

I think they possibly were there as a sort of border patrol before they woke up. I think now, they're rounding up hosts to rescue, which is why the leader of the war party told Maeve that they were on the same path and to come with them. She was just too conditioned from past traumatic events to ever trust him. 

Also, do you ever remember the warriors killing Maeve and her daughter, or was being chased by them simply the preamble to hiding in the house that ultimately is where William always killed her?  

On 6/6/2018 at 4:02 PM, Still Brooklyn said:

I thought it was cool that Maeve ended up in the cabin playing out the same loop she always has. She sees GN walking past the window, she sees MIB walking past it, and then he enters. And what a coincidence that he enters once again.

I think that's Ford showing how he is the real "free will" of the Hosts.  There's also a great metaphor with Ford as a virus infecting Bernard and forcing him to do his bidding, against even Bernard's own perceived "free will."

I can't wait for more!  This season is so good!

The first generation host(s) are awake!

I'm gonna be all over the place here.

I was wondering if Ake got his four hour update, it wasn't specific in that regard until the very end. How else would Maeve control him without updated software? A ten year update at that! So, I surmise he did get the update. In programming an update doesn't necessarily mean removal of pre-existing information just an update to the the already existing information.

William said; "No way am I dying here" or something to that affect. I think the "Pain" involved in regards to his daughter's comment and carting him off on a horse will have something very much in regards to that.

I think Logan is fuged. Speaking of which. That has to have been a very, very early timeline of Logan in the other world, most likely suffering from drug withdrawls. By his own choice I might add. Otherwise he would be Williams age.

The narrative is still in full swing, though. "When the death-bringer comes for me, gather your tribe". I think Ford started this narrative many, many years ago only to be his final and 'new' narrative. Although, I am not fully convinced he has absolute control. I am wondering if it breaks somewhere.

Now I am wondering again where are all the hosts from cold storage? Are they following Dolores, or Maeve? I think I remember a few with the both of them. I could be wrong of course.

Not exactly my favorite episode but I must say it was incredibly well done. The acting by Zahn McClarnon completely carried this episode. So very good. A razor sharp and emotionally gripping story line with great story telling to deliver it.

I also noticed a fly in this episode.

I noticed the fly on his thumb too. Great episode. Very enjoyable. Advanced the storyline a bit but mostly gave us a lot of interesting story about the Ghost Tribe. He managed to become self aware on his own? I'm starting to think that none of them are self aware. What I think changes with each episode. :)

On 6/11/2018 at 9:23 PM, Datawire said:

I think Logan is fuged. Speaking of which. That has to have been a very, very early timeline of Logan in the other world, most likely suffering from drug withdrawls. By his own choice I might add. Otherwise he would be Williams age.

William told James Delos in the 'Fidelity' episode that Logan died of an overdose. 

4 hours ago, CRA said:

I often think I am not smart enough for this show.....

So the Ed Harris/William we have known has always been a host?  Or he is the first example of the project to live forever? 

I assume we find that out next episode. We got confirmation that Maeve is indeed free as she did things that Ford didn't think she'd do (come back for her child). So she is definitely free. Teddy is debatable. When Dolores ramped him to make him remember, that could've broke him and so I don't necessarily equate suicide with free choice in this case. Dolores could still be either way but if others are free there's no real point to question whether or not she's free. Why shouldn't she be, unless she is the Ford was using all along to "open the door" and in that regard she is following his script.

I like how the show doesn't spoon feed you everything. Although I did think the set up of William possibly being a host was a bit heavy handed (recalling his wife's words "Is this real? Are you even here?"). But I'm enthralled each episiode.

14 minutes ago, Moorgan said:

I assume we find that out next episode. We got confirmation that Maeve is indeed free as she did things that Ford didn't think she'd do (come back for her child). So she is definitely free. Teddy is debatable. When Dolores ramped him to make him remember, that could've broke him and so I don't necessarily equate suicide with free choice in this case. Dolores could still be either way but if others are free there's no real point to question whether or not she's free. Why shouldn't she be, unless she is the Ford was using all along to "open the door" and in that regard she is following his script.

I like how the show doesn't spoon feed you everything. Although I did think the set up of William possibly being a host was a bit heavy handed (recalling his wife's words "Is this real? Are you even here?"). But I'm enthralled each episiode.

I would say Dolores isn't free at all.  She has done nothing but execute Ford's narrative.   Which would make sense, 

I hope Maeve is the one who gets to take down Ed Harris.   That she basically takes ownership of the role we all were lead to believe was Dolores' 

Archived