• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Day 2 Draft Grade

Kevin Greene

Grade the Panthers Day 2 Draft Picks/Trades  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the Panthers Day 2 Draft Picks/Trades

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

11 hours ago, GoPanthers123 said:

If there was a big playmaker on D they would be taken in the 1st round, by late 2nd round onwards we have to settle for solid/has potential kind of players.  My main beef is that we didn't get a true safety but converting a DB to one.

So we got a big corner who can defend the pass like a corner and defend the run like an in the box safety. This was a great move and finally allows us to defend TEs and running backs as well as play cover 2 or 3 without the strong safety being a liability. He reminds me of a Mike Mitchell type player who is feared by receivers over the middle. Exactly the type of safety a zone blitzing team needs. I think this is a worthwhile bet in the bottom of the third. He is an aggressive playmaker who makes plays. How big was Mike Mitchell when he was drafted? 5'11" and 188 pounds. Mitchell is now 6'1" and 220 lbs. Hold judgement until we see what happens. We are working on getting faster using versatile players who can play more than one position. One of the strengths of the Patriots is the way they seem to be able to plug and play the next man up and get production. That requires athletic smart players. I think Hurney is taking a page from that playbook.

Archived