• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Black Ops 4

lightsout

So we know the second week of October brings Black Ops 4 and we know a fair amount about the game.

- Plays similar to Black Ops 3

- 150 HP and slower time to kill to allow more tactical play

- Boots on the ground/no jetpacks or boost jumps (save for a single item for a single loadout character)

- Predictive recoil similar to CS:GO

- No campaign in favor of a Battle Royale mode.

- No auto health regen. Must use an item that is on a short (1.5 seconds for STIM) cooldown to recover health.

- Grenades and other throwables are on a cooldown that varies by item.

I'm sure I'm missing some things, but those are the big ticket items. From the gameplay captures YouTubers have from playing the alpha build last week, the game looks good. Levels are three-lane, Treyarch style maps. No campaign bums me out because Treyarch always has great campaign modes but I will just have to deal with it.

How is everybody else feeling about it?

Man, no campaign may make it a no buy for me. The gameplay in COD is always wonderful, but I love  single player modes in games, and if it doesn’t have it, I may not buy it. It does look great though. Zombies is always awesome and if I do get it, it’s bc of that. I am not into the whole battle royale craze unfortunately.

Battle Royale with COD gun play could be crazy fun. I'm still on a wait and see approach, as I want to see what BF:V has cooking up. I'm only getting one of these games, as my video game time is almost non-existent during the school year lol. 

I wonder if this COD will allow split screen online? That was always a plus with COD, as my wife and I can play at the same time instead of taking turns. 

Man, must we have battle royale EVERYWHERE. 

I don't mind not having single player, but I think there should be like 20 maps if not (on top of battle royale).     I think something like >50% of people never even finish CoD campaigns.

I'm actually kind of disappointed BF:V isn't going back modern.   I think between BF:1 and CoD WW2 we had enough of that.  

Archived